Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
aljodo

Default No touch screen on laptop when using DisplayLink

My Lenovo W510 Thinkpad has a touch pad screen. When I hoop up my AOC e1659F (16 usb monitor) I lose the touch screen on the laptop. When I unplug the usb monitor the touch screen functionality returns. I have an HP dv6t laptop with a touch screen that when the AOC monitor is plugged in the touch screen works. Both laptops have the updated Displaylink software from the site but the Lenovo loses it touch screen ability with the monitor plugged in.

In device manager they both have the same usb display adapters. DisplayLink 5.9.2013 Driver version 7.2.47873.0. they also have the same driver versions for the Generic USB HUB and the root hub. Both running of adapter AC power.

Although the touch screen on the Lenovo laptop does not work, with USB monitor attached, when you touch the laptop screen the touch on the screen shows up on the AOC screen, same location. On the Lenovo there is no response or any indication of a touch but it does cause the USB monitor to show a touch indication. Of course nothing opens when you touch an icon.

The Lenovo has a Nvida Quadro FX880M video card and I am running 1920X1080 60hx. Changing resolution and from 60 to 50Hz makes no difference. Any idess. Thanks, Al.
aljodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
Dan
Banned

Have you run through the Windows setup to get it straight? Search for tablet in control panel and then do the setup for the touch panel stuff - maybe it got confused and thinks the non-touch screen panel has touch on it? Hopefully it will remember if it gets it straight. Please update either way.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
aljodo

Default Fixed, thanks so much

I did not try the tablet PC settings in the control panel. Did not even realize it was there. Well, I went through the wizard to set up the touch screen and here we are - working like a champ. Thanks again.
aljodo is offline   Reply With Quote