Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-19-2021, 10:49 AM   #1
CowManErik

Default Passthrough with the hot-desk drivers fail if MAC starts with 00

Hi all, i found a problem with the corporate drivers with hot-desk if the MAC of the NIC starts with 00.

When you enable MACAddressPassthrough in the registry, the driver will select a NIC and set the MAC of that NIC in the MacAddressOverride automatically.

If the MAC of the NIC starts with 00 ( e.g. 00:AA:BB:CC: DD:EE ), the driver will set the value of the MacAddressOverride to "0AABBCCDDEE", which misses the leading zero.

then the passthrough will not work.

same behaviour happens when you use the "non hot-desk" drivers and set the MacAddressOverride key manually.

if you enter the complete MAC ( 00AABBCCDDEE ) the passthrough works as intended.

if you remove the first zero (0AABBCCDDEE ) the passthrough fails.

So if the hot-desk drivers added that missing zero so it sets a complete MAC address the problem will be fixed.

Grtz Erik
CowManErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 12:53 PM   #2
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello Erik,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have also encountered this issue and our engineers are already working on it within our internal ticket.

Unfortunately, I do not have any ETA yet that I could share but this issue is already being addressed by our team.

In case of any questions please contact us here or on our email address: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

Kind regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 01:22 PM   #3
CowManErik

Hi Jakub,

Great that you are already working on it, i will wait for the next update of the drivers.

in the meantime i'll just use the non-hot-desk drivers and configure the passthrough manually.

grtz Erik
CowManErik is offline   Reply With Quote