Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
Hesei

Default UV Plus 39 - DL 6.3 and GTX 560

EDIT: My bad. I only just noticed that my thread title is pretty useless. Can't edit is, so... sorry?

Just switched back over to an NVIDIA card and threw in a USB 3.0 DisplayLink to fill out the third screen. Hate that DisplayPort crap ATI seems to love so much. Anyway, I can't seem to get the DisplayLink to work... at all.

The tray icon never comes up, even when opening it directly.

Device Manager lists the device as such:
USB Display Adapters
  • 100-U3-UV39
  • DisplayLink Display Adapter (4300)
And the only things running in the Task Manager are these two.
  • DisplayLinkManager.exe under SYSTEM
  • DisplayLinkUserAgent.exe under SYSTEM

Here are some of the events listed in the Local Event Viewer under Custom > Administrative Events.

OLDEST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Source: RestartManager
Error: "Application or service 'DisplayLinkUI Sys-Tray Application' could not be shut down."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Source: Service Control Manager
Error: "The DisplayLinkManager service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly."
Quote:
Error: "The DisplayLinkManager service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 1000 milliseconds: Restart the service."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Source: RestartManager
Warning: "Application 'C:\Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software\DisplayLinkUI.exe' (pid 5460) cannot be restarted - Application SID does not match Conductor SID.."
Quote:
Error: "The DisplayLinkManager service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly."
NEWEST

Of course, I've looked into the Interactive Services Detection... service and haven't found a problem.

Here's my system
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
MB: Asus Sabertooth P67
CPU: Intel Core i5 3.30GHz
GFX: EVGA GeForce GTX560
and the USB 3.0 is the onboard stuff - comes up as Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host
and I'm running the latest NVIDIA drivers: 301.42

I know that there seem to be many issues with 6.3, but I didn't see all of this info in some of the other threads. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've had to deal with DisplayLink craziness in the past with varying degrees of success, but this is my first experience with any USB 3.0 device, and the first time I've had a tray icon issue without the system directly telling me about a driver conflict.
I'll keep playing around and update this post/thread with any developments.

Last edited by Hesei; 07-03-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Hesei is offline   Reply With Quote