Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2015, 04:50 PM   #1
chrwei

Default "heartbeat" popping from audio out

when not playing any sounds I get a regular popping sound ever 2 seconds, kind of like a slow heartbeat. it didn't do this before upgrading to windows 10, and the laptop's onboard sound (realtek) doesn't pop.

I have cleaned the drivers and reinstalled, DPC checker is 500-600us with occasional peaks not higher than 1500 (not more than twice in 30 seconds). disabling enhancements has no effect.

there is no popping when playing audio, only when idle. it goes away for 10 seconds or so after playing something. it also pops when I put the PC volume slider down to 0. it doesn't pop when I unplug the USB port leaving the dock's external power on. it kind of sounds like something is sleeping and waking the audio chip repeatedly. first though was Cortana, but it is off.

ethernet and video work fine.

what else can i try?
chrwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 03:05 PM   #2
Genghis_Tron

I have the same problem!!! However, mine is significantly more annoying. When the "pop" happens, I lose all USB audio. The only way to get audio again is to click on the volume icon about 3 times so it makes the "ding" noise then I have about 3-5sec to play audio or I have to click the icon again.
Genghis_Tron is offline   Reply With Quote