Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release

Old 02-06-2010, 02:05 AM   #1
whitemoo

Default Nvidia 195.62 Drivers and DisplayLink

Hi,

I recently upgraded from my 186 series nvidia driver on my Mobile Geforce 7300 which had no problems with my displaylink adapter.

Now in 195.62 drivers, I get these sort of corruption:

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the displaylink driver, but that did nothing.

Is there anyway to fix this?, the new 195.62 drivers i am using fixed some issues i was getting with some games, and really dont want to go back.

Appreciate any help! Thanks

Oh, and it seems this problem only happens at my screens native res (1920x1200) and not on any lower resolution.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
Wim

Thanks for the screen shot. It appears that this only happens with the latest NVidia driver?
Does the corruption only occur on the DisplayLink screen, or on your primary screen.
Are you using rotation? The background pic looks like it might be rotated.

If you can let me know these details, we can try and reproduce.

Thanks

Wim
Old 02-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
whitemoo

Hi, thanks for the reply

to answer your question:
it only occurs on the displaylink screen.
the screen is rotated to portrait so its 1200x1920.

The strange thing is that i rolled back the drivers to 179.xx then to 174.xx and the corruption was still there.

I then reinstalled the original driver which was 186.xx vista and the problem went away.

I'm starting to think that the displaylink software likes the video drivers that it was installed with.

I am running Windows 7 Pro 32bit.

It might be down to user error because i got windows 7 as soon as it came out. My video card was not supported (Quadro NVS110m which is really just a geforce 7300) at the time, plus driver releases for windows 7 where not out. So i installed a vista driver with a modded INF. If i was using proper windows 7 drivers from the start this issue may be avoided.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
Wim

Thanks for the information. I'll raise a bug and we'll try and reproduce in DisplayLink.

Does the corruption only appear in rotated mode? If so then this may help narrow down the code area for the bug.

Thanks

Wim
Old 02-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
MCV

Thanks, Wim. It's good to see that someone is watching the Windows forum and responding to questions, concerns, issues, etc.

What is going on over on the Mac forum??? Why can't we get the same level of support on that side? As a PC and a Mac user, I feel totally abandoned by DisplayLink on the Mac end, as do A LOT of people.

Anything you can do about that?

Thanks again.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #6
Wim

We have tried to reproduce this and not seen the same issue. I'm wondering if something has got corrupted with the install of various drivers that were not designed for Windows 7. It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has this problem on this chipset.

Thanks

Wim
Old 04-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
whitemoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
We have tried to reproduce this and not seen the same issue. I'm wondering if something has got corrupted with the install of various drivers that were not designed for Windows 7. It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has this problem on this chipset.

Thanks

Wim
Aye, sorry i didnt reply, i just went to my old drivers and forgot about the issue.

I did a fresh format as i was getting issues with my old windows 7 install, and upon installation of the latest drivers straight away,this issue has come up and made my displaylink adapter unusable. (im now using 5.3 DL drivers)

I'm begining to think that this problem is unquie to my chipset.

I will try using the old drivers recommended by dell to see if it solves my issue.

Will keep this thread updated.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:03 AM   #8
whitemoo

Well this only happens when i use rotate on my laptop, not on my desktop, so i guess this problem is unique to my laptop's GPU.

I just don't understand that i had a driver and DL driver combo that completely eliminated display corruption in rotate, and trying that same combo again does not work .

Will keep trying, see if i can find the root of this problem.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:09 AM   #9
whitemoo

found the root of my problem,

Installed intel chipset drivers as i thought it was a USB related driver issue, that didnt do anything at first, then i reverted to 197.16 mod drivers (from 197.25) that i initially installed when i formated the computer. The screen is perfect in rotate mode.

I dont get ANY corruption, as outlined in the documentation when in this mode. Hopefully this wont be a issue ever in future releases of the DL drivers on my sort of setup.