Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.3 Software Release

Old 06-03-2010, 07:37 AM   #1
sbkjason

Default Displaylink screen artifacts problem

Bought a Kworld UD165 (DL165) for a week. Have been having this screen artifacts problem since day 1. Tried various versions of DL drivers, including the latest 5.3 but it kept coming back.

Was able to restore normal functioning of the screen by uninstalling and reinstalling the Displaylink driver. But the problem will come back after 1 or 2 days. Rebooting the PC does not help, only reinstalling the DL driver will solve the problem.

But it is very annoying to keep on reinstalling the Displaylink driver everyday, just so that I can use the extended screen. Please fix the driver ASAP. Thanks.

P/S. I have already submitted full debug .zip file and a copy of this image via your support website. But there were no confirmation of receipt at the end, just a blank webpage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	small_Img_1630.jpg
Views:	1175
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	150  
Old 06-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
Wim

Hi

From the screenshot, this look suspiciously like a hardware problem. Do you get the same problem with all monitors? If so, then I think you may have to return your device for a replacement.

Thanks

Wim