Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.4 Software Release

Old 07-03-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
simfun

Default Wireless USB Qwaves AV

Hello,

i try to setup a wireless Qwaves AV USB which is supported by Displaylink drivers. Video plays really well even on HD. But, i have problems on screen refreshing on parts that do not show video. For example if i keep Media player not fullscreen, video plays normally on stage but media buttons and counter on the bottom stays spoiled and unreadable, until i pause the movie which makes some kind of refresh and restores the text.

The same happens when i move fast a window. In that case the internal text is spoiled until i stop moving it, and the text is recovered.

I hope to have described clearly the problem.

Thanks
Old 07-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
Wim

Hi

I think you are seeing the effects of the Optimize for Video feature. When this is enabled, the video will play smoother, but the quality is lower. This is designed for full screen video playback.

When not playing video, you can turn off Optimize for Video using the DisplayLink GUI in the system tray. This will make sure that the text does not look worse when moving it in Windows applications.

Hope that helps

Wim
Old 09-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
simfun

Thanks. It really helped.