Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release

Old 11-29-2009, 11:44 PM   #21
abjamison

This latest update seems to work fine for me and my ATI 4850x2 win Win7 x64. Previously installing the drivers would severely degrade my games and mess with my ATI CCC installation. I'm happy to report that neither of those are a problem now. THANK YOU for fixing this issue and letting me use my 740 again! I missed it sorely.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:05 AM   #22
stormbreaker

I am running into an error installing the drivers.

I get the error message "Failed to install DisplayLink Core. Installation of DisplayLink Graphics cannot continue."
Old 11-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #23
Martin

Hi stormbreaker,

Windows installer creates installer logs for installation packages which I will take a look at for you. Navigate to the directory %temp% and there should be two msi*.log files from the time of the aborted DisplayLink installation. Please attach those to this thread and I will see if I can work out why the installation has failed.

Regards,
Martin
Old 11-30-2009, 10:29 PM   #24
stormbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Navigate to the directory %temp% and there should be two msi*.log files from the time of the aborted DisplayLink installation.
Thank you for the prompt reply. Could you define this directory's location for me again? C:/Windows/Temp?
Old 12-01-2009, 08:09 AM   #25
compulim

Thumbs up

I have GeForce 7600 + 9800GT for existing triple monitors setup. Bought I-O Data USB 7" monitor for ~6 months, and now finally get it working on Windows 7 64-bit. Million thanks to you guys!

Tested applications (all running smoothly):
  • Windows Media Player, playing maximized windowed and full-screen 720p WTV
  • Windows Media Center, playing windowed 1080p WTV (h.264)
  • World of Warcraft, maximized window
One thing, it seems if I have multiple user logged on while I running the setup, the setup will hang at "2 seconds remaining" for ~5 minutes, then resume and say failed to install. After a reboot, it works fine. I can't find the install log so can't send it to you.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #26
Martin

You can determine what the %temp% folder is by typing "%temp%" in the start menu (without the quotes). You can also type it in the run dialog box or at a command prompt.

In my case, it is "C:\Users\martin\AppData\Local\Temp\".

Good luck,
Martin.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #27
stormbreaker

Quote:
You can determine what the %temp% folder is by typing "%temp%" in the start menu (without the quotes). You can also type it in the run dialog box or at a command prompt.

In my case, it is "C:\Users\martin\AppData\Local\Temp\".

Good luck,
Martin.
I have attached a .zip file with the two log files from my installation. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DLC5792.zip (48.3 KB, 1353 views)
Old 12-14-2009, 12:13 AM   #28
stormbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbreaker View Post
I have attached a .zip file with the two log files from my installation. Thank you.
I have since installed a clean copy of Windows 7 Ultimate on my machine and had success with the installation of the drivers. I can even get my monitor to work... to an extent.

I've gotten consistent BSOD's while watching extended flash content on Hulu on another monitor. Also, returning from Sleep mode causes my screens to flash repeatedly until I restart. Do you know why I might be experiencing these problems, Martin? Thank you.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #29
Martin

Hi Stormbreaker,

Our video testing on multi-graphics hardware has been very limited. I put some effort into it a while back, but that was for SLi machines and also wasn't ported over to the 5.x architecture. If you could give me a description of the graphics hardware and driver version, I'll see if we can reproduce it.

One thing that may help is disabling the aero theme (running in basic mode). I know it's hardly a nice thing to do though.

Best regards, Martin
Old 12-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #30
stormbreaker

Quote:
Our video testing on multi-graphics hardware has been very limited. I put some effort into it a while back, but that was for SLi machines and also wasn't ported over to the 5.x architecture. If you could give me a description of the graphics hardware and driver version, I'll see if we can reproduce it.
I am running dual SLI with two NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260's. Driver version 8.17.11.9562 with the latest SLI patch from EVGA's website.

Quote:
One thing that may help is disabling the aero theme (running in basic mode). I know it's hardly a nice thing to do though.
I have uninstalled the DisplayLink software, and even preformed a system restore, and I have still gotten BSOD's with the hardware unplugged. None yet today, but yesterday I had two after my system restore.