Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release

Old 02-28-2011, 02:13 AM   #1
axxter

Default DisplayLink adapter not selectable under Windows 7

Hi,

My DisplayLink USB graphics adapter is never shown - I mean not visible nor selectable - into the Screen Resolution Panel of the Windows 7 of my Dell D820 Laptop.
Only two displays are available there : my main LCD laptop screen and my external VGA Laptop output, both of them linked to the onboard Nvidia Quadro 120M chipset of the Laptop.

To sum it up :
- The installation of the 5.5.30697 DisplayLink software on my Win 7 Laptop went fine : no error message (but not success message either, the installer program worked (messages, screen flashing, etc.) then just... ends silently).
- When first plugged, the USB adapter seems correctly recognized by Windows : a driver is installed and Windows says at the end of the process that a new device named "AN2440D3" has been created.
- Indeed, using the Windows Device Manager I can confirm that a "AN2440D3" device is now present under a "USB Display Adapters" category.
- The DisplayLink Manager program is running and accessible via the Windows taskbar. The "DisplayLink Manager" and "Advanced Configuration" choices both leads to the standard Windows Screen Resolution Panel.
- So everything *seems* fine, because, as I said, I can't select the adapter at all for using it... the adapter seems definitely not beeing part of the available Display adapters on the system.

I tried several times different things : cleaning the installation with the DL_install_cleaner tool, rebooting, re-installing the 5.5, installing the 5.6 beta software suite, switching my screen on and off (Dell U2410), using another DVI screen input, etc, without more success.

I'm running out of ideas, please help.
Here is the output of the Support Tool.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20110228_021849.zip (1.38 MB, 1208 views)
Old 02-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
Pawel

Lightbulb

Hi axxter,

Could you please update your primary Graphics Driver: 7.15.11.7967 Dated 2009-03-06 and see if that makes any difference?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
jonny

Default The adapter can be selected if the monitor is unplugged during boot

I seem to have the same problem, the adapter is not selectable. Win 7 x64, HP EliteBook 8740w, HIS Multi-View II.
This problem is the same for driver version 5.5 and 5.6.
However, if the DVI connector for the monitor is unplugged during booting, then the adapter becomes selectable.
So that is what I do: I unplug the DVI connector from the adapter, boot the machine and then plugs in the DVI connector for the monitor. Then everything works. I have to reset the screen resolution for the extra monitor after booting, but I can live with that... for now...