Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2023, 05:40 PM   #1
bar_foo

Default No audio over Displayport on HP Elite USB-C Dock G4

I am using an HP Spectre X360 laptop (Windows 11 22H2, Intel Xe graphics, Displaylink v. 11 software) with the HP Elite USB-C Dock G4, connected to a monitor on Displayport. Everything is working fine except for audio over Displayport: no audio device shows up at all in Windows when the monitor is connected to either Displayport port on the dock, though video works fine, and sound from the audio jack is functioning too. Any ideas?
bar_foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 11:15 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar_foo View Post
I am using an HP Spectre X360 laptop (Windows 11 22H2, Intel Xe graphics, Displaylink v. 11 software) with the HP Elite USB-C Dock G4, connected to a monitor on Displayport. Everything is working fine except for audio over Displayport: no audio device shows up at all in Windows when the monitor is connected to either Displayport port on the dock, though video works fine, and sound from the audio jack is functioning too. Any ideas?
According to the information here --> https://support.hp.com/us-en/product...model/20092244 the docking station you are using does NOT have DisplayLink technology inside of it.

As result, DisplayLink will not be able to assist you. I would recommend contacting HP directly for assistance.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, displayport