Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2023, 05:44 PM   #1
JimSellner

Default Help with 2 external monitors

Hello, I am trying to setup a HyperDrive Gen2 USB-C Hub with a MacBook Pro, 16-inch, 2021, with an Apple M1 Pro chip and Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1. I have 2 EliteDisplay 24" monitors that are less than a year old. Both display when plugged into the dock but they are mirrored. I cannot get them to not mirror. If I plug either into the laptop, I can display separately on each.

I have install DisplayLink manager 1.8.0 (Build 63.163) on the machine and granted it screen capture privileges.

I do get the error "Please allow your DisplayLink device to connect to this Mac" on the bottom and can't seem to make it go away. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, restarted, tried installing with and without the dock plugged in and still at the same point.

Any help is appreciated it.
JimSellner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 10:09 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSellner View Post
Hello, I am trying to setup a HyperDrive Gen2 USB-C Hub with a MacBook Pro, 16-inch, 2021, with an Apple M1 Pro chip and Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1. I have 2 EliteDisplay 24" monitors that are less than a year old. Both display when plugged into the dock but they are mirrored. I cannot get them to not mirror. If I plug either into the laptop, I can display separately on each.

I have install DisplayLink manager 1.8.0 (Build 63.163) on the machine and granted it screen capture privileges.

I do get the error "Please allow your DisplayLink device to connect to this Mac" on the bottom and can't seem to make it go away. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, restarted, tried installing with and without the dock plugged in and still at the same point.

Any help is appreciated it.
Based on your description of the behavior, the device you are using does not have DisplayLink technology inside of it. As a result, DisplayLink will not be able to assist you.

Based on your description, the device you are using has a DisplayPort MST hub inside of it. Mac systems do not support DisplayPort MST, which is why both displays are mirrored.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote