Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2010, 10:21 AM   #11
slessard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastahype View Post
My driver version was installed as a launch agent, not as a daemon. Therefore, the command to remove you gave does not work for me
If it is installed as a launch agent (which seems weird) then I believe the command should be

Code:
launchctl load /Library/LaunchAgents/com.displaylink.usbnivolistener.plist
or

Code:
launchctl load ~/LaunchAgents/com.displaylink.usbnivolistener.plist
Old 08-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #12
aiyagari

There are two processes installed by the DisplayLink installation.

There is a LaunchDaemon com.displaylink.usbnivolistener loaded from the file /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.displaylink.usbnivolistener.plist

There is also a LaunchAgent com.displaylink.useragent loaded from the file /Library/LaunchAgents/com.displaylink.useragent.plist

Both must be running for it to work.

Do not just try to remove the driver with kextunload. It will crash. If you instead use launchctl to remove the controlling process of the driver, it goes away cleanly.

My procedure in the "solution" thread stops the daemon only on display sleep, and then restarts the daemon and agent on display wakeup (so the agent syncs properly with the new instance of the daemon)

I am wondering if you may have installed the DisplayLink drivers as "my user only" rather than "for all users". I must have installed it "for all users" given where the installation put the agent on my system (also MacBookPro i5 with 10.6.4). Still no crashes since I implemented this solution.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #13
aiyagari

Here is the Hardware Overview from my Mac Book Pro. Note also that I am using the 64-bit Snow Leopard (just got my machine this past April) -- I don't know if that could result in some differences.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B05
SMC Version (system): 1.58f15
Serial Number (system): WQ0161L4AGU
Hardware UUID: 499A36D0-1C91-5CB8-9186-E00A0B3B6374
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
Old 08-05-2010, 02:19 AM   #14
ramen99

Default Locitech Mouse Driver also involved?

Have any of you had the 'wont wake from sleep" problem when using Logitech's latest mouse driver? (Logitech COntrol Center v 3.3 for 64-bit 10.4.x)

I disabled it and now waking from sleep is not a problem. Maybe the wake problem could also be attributed to Logitech's driver?

Just an idea...

My hardware = 2.16 Ghz Intel Core2 (original 20" Imac with Intel). Ati Graphics card.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #15
Pawel

Thumbs up

We are happy to inform that there is a new 1.6 Beta 3 driver available for download from here.

This release has fixed a GUI freeze issue when resuming from sleep on some systems.

Regards