Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
paulyg

Question Display not detected under 10.6.4

Hello! I'm using a Kensington adapter with my MacBook Pro (Core 2 Duo) running OS 10.6.4 and, whichever version of the DisplayLink driver I install, the additional display is not detected. I've tried it plugged directly into a USB port and through a hub, with a DVI or VGA monitor attached and nothing seems to make a difference. I can see that the DisplayLink driver is installed (I've currently got 1.6b2 installed) when I look in Extensions in System Profiler.

The adapter works fine with the same machine if I book into Windows Vista, so I know there's not a hardware problem. I've completely run out of ideas to make it run under Mac OS X, though. Anybody have any suggestions? Or are there any diagnostics I can run?

Paul.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
paulyg

Have just spotted the debug tool. Output attached.

Paul.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (229.0 KB, 833 views)
Old 09-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Carlo
Mac Team

It's strange, it looks like the drivers are not loaded: they do not appear in the ioregistry. But there are a few lines logged anyway.
It seems that we never tried to connect to a display: no logs have been created.
Unfortunately the snippet of system.log in the profile is not very useful because Chrome swamped it with errors.
You could send me the compressed /var/log/system.log file (use shift-command-g to reach that folder from the Finder) for the complete story.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
paulyg

Here's the system.log file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip system.log.zip (246.1 KB, 835 views)
Old 09-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
Carlo
Mac Team

Ok it's official, the driver is not loading. There is no clue about why so the solution is the usual.. repair the disk permissions with Disk Utility and install again the DisplayLink software.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:51 PM   #6
paulyg

Repaired permissions, reinstalled and it's now working!

Thanks so much for your help - much appreciated.

Paul.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #7
siksik6

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue, but unfortunately a repair permissions did not fix my issue

I attach my system information in the hope it proves useful.

thanks

Mark
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (224.7 KB, 750 views)
Old 10-20-2010, 06:47 AM   #8
Carlo
Mac Team

In this case part of the driver can't be started. Might be an installation problem: I see many installations failed in the past with inconsistent errors.
The last installation did not have issues but it seems that something is still wrong. I'd try again: uninstall, repair permissions, reboot, install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siksik6 View Post
Hi,

I have exactly the same issue, but unfortunately a repair permissions did not fix my issue

I attach my system information in the hope it proves useful.

thanks

Mark
Old 10-20-2010, 07:48 AM   #9
siksik6

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

It actually randomly started working yesterday without be doing anything other than rebooting.

This morning it stopped working, so I performed the above steps, and now working again. If it doesn't stay working, I'm going to have to send this product back - no way should it be this unreliable.