Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
admdisco

Unhappy Nothing Working, Tried All day : (

Hi,

I've just bought a HIS Multi view 2 from Overclockers as it was advertised as being Mac compatible from Osx 10.4 and up.

I am running a Macbook Pro, Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz, Tiger 10.4.11

I installed the drivers supplied, reset and plugged in and nothing.

I uninstalled and tried again, still nothing.

I uninstalled, downloaded the latest supported drivers (from 1.5 i think to 1.7) and tried again, still nothing.

I did manage to install the adapter on my mums Vista based laptop but cant get anything out of my macbook pro.

Ive repaired the disk permissions as suggested in other threads and still no joy.

I have a monitor connected to the built in DVI port and have tried removing this and attempting the install again and just using the USB adapter but still nothing.

I have submitted a ticket with HIS and have heard nothing from them.

Please, any help would be massively appreciated... ive been at this for hours and slightly miffed at the way its been marketed as 'simply plug and go' and specifically stating Mac 10.4 compatibility.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!! Thank you in advance
admdisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
mode11

I expect you have specific reasons for using Tiger, but I have more or less the same machine, and my adapter (different brand though) works fine under Lion. Snow Leopard is probably even more compatible than Lion and would only be a £20 upgrade from Tiger. Tiger's pretty old now.
mode11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
admdisco

I know its old now, when i got the Macbook it was shipped with it installed and with i think leopard on disk, but i had problems with comatability using some of my audio production software at the time after upgrading so ended up downgrading again and have never taken the time to have a go again.

I Have been contemplating changing it but i feel that it is irrelevant for this issue as the software installed fine after checking my machine was able to run it and is specifically listed as being supported from versions 10.4 in all the supplied information.

Thanks for taking the time to reply but I don't agree with a view point suggesting this is the issue if it is stated by the manufacturer as being supported, maybe when i've got a free day I might go through the pain that is migrating / upgrading.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #4
admdisco

After reading similar topics I have run the debug tool and have attached the file here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (185.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #5
Carlo
Mac Team

admdisco,
I've looked at the logs, the DL software is installed but never starts to use a device.
The Tiger profile includes too few logs to know exactly why, but in the short log snippet there is a system error I've never seen before and that could prevent our SW to run.
In the logs you sent there is no device detected by the OS, so if the device was connected when you took the profile it could be a hardware problem, likely lack of power.
So in short if the device was connected when you took the profile, try to connect it through a powered hub (NOT the Apple keyboard). If it was not connected, I'd reinstall the OS with an upgrade and archive.

In any case, like mode11 I too would suggest to move on: if you are currently battling against Tiger and Vista (!), you are making your life much more difficult than needed.
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
admdisco

Thanks for the reply, the unit was connected into one of the 'good' usb sockets on the macbook and not through the keyboard. i will try using a hub and see what happens.

It is my intention at some point to upgrade my OS but its just a bit of a pain when everything is working for me (accept this adapter)

I DJ off my laptop and have a gig tonight, I purchased the adapter to display karaoke lyrics on an extra screen, long story short im not going to nave a chance to uprgade the OS in time for my gig, though may look at it next week.

still not entirely sure why it is listed as supported if we end up coming back to the upgrading OS solution. With regards to Vista, I hate the system and am even worse with my PC tower as i prefer running XP service pack 2 for my lighting control, lol

Thanks any way, I will look into it, just a bit gutted i cant use it tonight.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #7
Carlo
Mac Team

Don't get me wrong admdisco: our drivers up to version 1.7 are compatible with Tiger so as long as you can see the device in System Profiler in the Hardware/USB tab you should be able to use it correctly.

However 1.7 will be the last version to support Tiger and Leopard: 1.8 will only install on 10.6.8 and later.

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:35 AM   #8
admdisco

Thank you very much for all the help.

As an update, I did get my display link device working on tiger after purchasing a powered USB hub.

on another note,

I was in denial, I have decided to accept the view that my system is a bit out of date, lol.

I have took the 'plunge' and am now running Lion.. this was the kick up the butt I needed, its like having a new machine again!!

Just got to install the Display view drivers again now..

Think were cookin now though
Old 05-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
admdisco

Default Everythings Sorted!! Working Like A Charm :D

HIS Multi View II Now Working like a charm on Mac OS X 10.7.4,

The couple of days spent updating have definetly been worth it, Sweet!!

I'll bid you good day sirs'

Thanks

Tags
his multi view, multi view, not working, osx 10.4