Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-02-2014, 01:30 AM   #21
alphadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dispnev View Post
Yeah, well, a few more months have gone by, ... any updates? ... no?

I tried the J5 USB adapters with Mavericks and two at once worked fine, but they don't allow rotating. If you don't need portrait mode, they are a good option.

Is multiple monitors on a macbook really so hard? Pretty soon OSX 10.10 will be out.
Definitely easier on windows. Even Thunderbolt is not a good solution.
alphadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:13 PM   #22
dispnev

Yosemite is out now .... I totally missed Mavericks because of this.

I guess the Displaylink guys gave up and we have a dead product.
dispnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:55 AM   #23
alphadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dispnev View Post
Yosemite is out now .... I totally missed Mavericks because of this.

I guess the Displaylink guys gave up and we have a dead product.
I bought a Thunderbolt dock and will eBay my Dynadock. I loved the Dynadock for windows, but after a year of crashes (Window server and OS), it was time to say good bye.

If this is Apple's fault, then it just shows that they don't really care about DisplayLink technology, and will probably never fix the issue. I guess it is just not a big enough market for them to worry about consumer sentiment.
alphadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #24
colliding with logic

Default greener pastures

DisplayLink has, at the time of my writing, had well over the [mumble...carry the seven...mumble] three hundred seventy five business days, since Mavericks rolled out, to address this matter.

We are to believe this is a bug that is part of Mac OS X, but only affects one of the several vendors that use DL's chosen route of using "standard Apple interfaces to integrate into OS X to add additional USB graphics displays"? With the way things have gone, I guess the time to write your own, functional hardware interface driver and roll out plan B to your proven customers, was quite some time ago.

[I would confidently 'call BS' on DL claims that the ball is not in their court, but even if those claims are all true]
• the management decision to abandon existing customers to wait for a disinterested mega-corporation, combined with
• the engineers' decision to wait and wait and wait for Apple's vaporware patch with no in-house backup plan
was obviously the wrong path. Analysis and strategy aside, there's one takeaway I'd like to emphasize:
You are losing customers.
If you, my oddly-patient reader, are an employee at DL—I implore you to pass that message up the chain. We have money, we are paying attention, and we are jumping ship. Anecdotally for one, I have to give up on the company; in the sense of my considerable presently-installed hardware investments being decommissioned, with regard to my company's future purchases, and as far as my recommendations to others as their designated "tech guy I know who will tell me what to buy".
colliding with logic is offline   Reply With Quote