Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
ROFISH

Default Support for DL-3x00

Hey there Mac Team,

Do you know when I can expect support for the USB 3 series? I have the 2012 non-retina MBP with USB 3 that I would like to have multi-monitors on.
ROFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
MacBookMax

Dear support team,

I also can't wait to hook up a 27" screen via DisplayLink to a 2010 MacBook Pro.

I would like to try out a beta version as soon as possible, so please let us participate in a beta program!

Otherwise, could you at least let us know a rough time frame? More like winter 2012, spring 2013, or?

Thanks!

Max
MacBookMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
Mind0Master1

Looking forward when I can use my DL-3x00 device with Mac.
Mind0Master1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
jkirker

Default Bump BUMP

Bump bump bump
jkirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
Leinad

Why is there still no support for the DL-3xxx devices ? Is there any way to get a beta driver. ?
Leinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
L33rad

Support for the 3xxx series is the one thing keeping me from buying a DisplayLink device. I'd love to know if there is any progress being made here, as it's seemingly kept under wraps for a while now.

A release estimate or beta driver would be amazing, but even a quick list of what they've been able to get working properly and where the challenges lie would be enough for me.
L33rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
cmwade77

J5Create has Mac USB 3.0 drivers and they even have Mountain Lion compatible ones on their facebook page, so it can be done, DisplayLink just needs to do it.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
jkirker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
J5Create has Mac USB 3.0 drivers and they even have Mountain Lion compatible ones on their facebook page, so it can be done, DisplayLink just needs to do it.
Has anyone purchased a J5Create device? I'm thinking of replacing mine this week to get on USB 3 for my MAC - curious if anyone has any reviews.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #9
cmwade77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirker View Post
Has anyone purchased a J5Create device? I'm thinking of replacing mine this week to get on USB 3 for my MAC - curious if anyone has any reviews.
I have one being delivered today and another has been running for about a week on another computer.

There are a couple of minor issues, such as some artifacting when Parallels runs in coherence mode, other than that, we have found no issues and to be honest, we are not sure that is even related to the device. The drivers are still in beta though, so I do expect some minor issues, but it's nothing like the Displaylink problems.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:22 AM   #10
jkirker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
I have one being delivered today and another has been running for about a week on another computer.

There are a couple of minor issues, such as some artifacting when Parallels runs in coherence mode, other than that, we have found no issues and to be honest, we are not sure that is even related to the device. The drivers are still in beta though, so I do expect some minor issues, but it's nothing like the Displaylink problems.
I'm curious if you noticed performance improvements going to USB 3.0?

Thanks for the reply,
John

Last edited by jkirker; 10-09-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Tags
mac, usb3 displaylink