Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #11
Everett

+1 for any updates on 2.1 beta. very interested in any status updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
We're aiming to release a beta of v2.1 around the end of July which will have some fixes for 10.8 and early support for 10.9 Mavericks.

Wim
Old 07-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #12
Wim

Hi Guys

Yep - We still want to get the beta for Mavericks out, but we now need to sign our kernel extension. We have submitted for this but it's been delayed by the fact the developer site has been down for the past week. It's now back up, but we're still waiting for a signed kernel extension.

Once we get this from Apple, we can add to the release and make it available for you guys.

Thanks

Wim
Old 07-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
Ludacrisvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi Guys

Yep - We still want to get the beta for Mavericks out, but we now need to sign our kernel extension. We have submitted for this but it's been delayed by the fact the developer site has been down for the past week. It's now back up, but we're still waiting for a signed kernel extension.

Once we get this from Apple, we can add to the release and make it available for you guys.

Thanks

Wim
Thanks for the update.
I've been running with reduced capability for about the last week testing out Mavericks, while the machine was awake (displays off) over the weekend I noted that the display adapter went non-functional requiring a reboot to recover from. Today after working for a while (couple hours) it decided to just 'freeze' the display. I wasn't actively using it when it froze so not sure how long it was frozen for but it sure heated up the display link adapter quite a bit.
It is a DL-195 (HIS Multi-View II DVI and VGA compatible) for what its worth.
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product...#specification
Old 08-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #14
MickM

I'm also waiting for this one - hoping for any day now. I have several issues with DisplayLink running under Mavericks
Old 08-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #15
mentalengine

Default Any update on this?

Hoping this will be pushed soon. Windows gets all the love, would be nice to see an update schedule on par for the Mac
Old 08-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #16
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalengine View Post
Hoping this will be pushed soon. Windows gets all the love, would be nice to see an update schedule on par for the Mac
We are giving Mac the love and want our support of Mac to be an "equal citizen" of Windows. However we are still waiting for certificates from Apple. It has been escalated and "it is being looked into".

We don't really want to make a release without the kext signed as it will be required for 10.9, and we will have to do another beta release shortly after when we have the signatures.

Thanks

Wim
Old 08-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #17
sameerwahid

Hi Wim (and Carlo),

Thanks for the updates on the Mac driver situation!

Just to provide my feedback, I've had no problems in the past two months using my BVU-195 connected to a 1680x1050 display (rotated 90°). Motion on the display remains choppier than it did under 10.8, but I use it for reading so it doesn't bother me one bit.

Sadly, I don't have any tips or tricks for those with issues under 10.9 :-(, as everything "just worked" for me.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 08-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #18
jkirker

If it's a Beta release who cares if it's signed. Any developer knows how to bypass the unsigned and since we are getting it directly from the source we know it's trustable.

When you release the final version though I'd suggest signing it - but if you have something that we can test now, just put it up. We'll understand if we have to bypass the security.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #19
Everett

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirker View Post
If it's a Beta release who cares if it's signed. Any developer knows how to bypass the unsigned and since we are getting it directly from the source we know it's trustable.
Agreed. I have several customers eagerly awaiting this, at least 3-4 of them are savvy enough to totally understand signing issues if we can at least post a "alpha" download link to the forums it would be most helpful, even if it's not posted to the the "regular" drivers page.

Thanks in advance for considering...
Old 08-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #20
MickM

Not sure if it'll do any good, but I'm also in favor of an alpha release. Given how long it's taking Apple to fix all the 10.9 bugs I figured you'd be interested in us maximizing the amount of testing and the giving Apple the maximum amount of time to fix things before they cut bait and just release 10.9 to meet their deadlines. Seriously, I'd reckon you have more to gain than lose by letting Mavericks beta-testers try to improve your product...
Closed Thread