Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2015, 01:27 PM   #21
Smalltoid

Nothing unusual except the blue field. The screenshot captures the left edge of the right monitor and the right edge of the middle monitor, which is currently set as my main monitor and thus covered by the blue field.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue Field Screenshot.jpg
Views:	1010
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	2262  
Old 04-20-2015, 01:32 PM   #22
PaulJ

OK, thanks for checking. We may have reproduced this issue ourselves now so we will investigate.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:34 PM   #23
Smalltoid

I still have no definitive method for making the blue field go away. When the computer wakes, the Windows login screen is replaced by the blue field. If I CTRL+ALT+DEL, the blue field will go away after about 5 seconds and allow me to login. However, the blue field reappears immediately upon logging in. A few times, before logging in, I would select "Switch User," changes users, and then switch back to my administrator account. Most of the time this has no effect on the blue field, but a few times, the blue field disappeared a few seconds after logging in. However, each time the field went away, all of my icons and previously opened windows were moved to the main monitor. So, even when the blue field goes away, I still have to get everything reorganized.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:17 PM   #24
Smalltoid

I recently installed the new Windows 10 build 10061, and now I don't know if the blue field still exists or not, because I am now unable to wake the computer once it is asleep. I don't know if this is a Windows issue or a DisplayLink issue, but whenever my computer goes to sleep, there is no way to wake it. Moving the mouse does nothing, nothing on the keyboard does anything, and the power button on the pc does nothing. I am forced to do a hard restart whenever the computer goes to sleep.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:35 PM   #25
rmcclark

Build 10061 sleeps and wakes OK on my Toshiba laptop.
Have you installed the latest DisplayLink alpha V10 posted today?
Old 04-24-2015, 09:36 AM   #26
AndySaul

I have been unable to reproduce the blue window issue after resuming from sleep.

I have tried a variety of platforms using Windows builds 10041, 10049 and 10061, and I have tried different DisplayLink software scenarios using Alpha 7, 9 and 10 updates from WU.

It sounds like you have a new issue with sleep mode on your PC. Does this still happen if you disconnect your dock & uninstall DisplayLink software?
Old 04-24-2015, 01:05 PM   #27
Smalltoid

I guess after a few Windows updates, I am now able to wake the computer from sleep. However, the blue field is still present. I've found that with build 10061, if I lock and then unlock the computer, the blue field will go away the majority of the time.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:33 PM   #28
AndySaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalltoid View Post
I guess after a few Windows updates, I am now able to wake the computer from sleep. However, the blue field is still present. I've found that with build 10061, if I lock and then unlock the computer, the blue field will go away the majority of the time.
Glad to hear that your PC can now wake up as normal, but I still cannot reproduce the blue field problem at this end.

If you disconnect your dock & uninstall DisplayLink software, do you see the blue field on the main screen after waking up from sleep?