Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2023, 11:49 AM   #1
PeterK

Default MacBook Air 15'' with ICYBOX-DK2106-C not working

I have just purchased ICYBOX IB-DK2106-C docking station, which is said to support DisplayLink: https://www.amazon.pl/gp/product/B07XVWCZ7X/

My goal was to connect 2 external monitors to have 3-screen setup. However, external monitors 2 and 3 only MIRROR each other, which is not what I wanted to achieve.

DisplayLink's widget says this: "No DisplayLink-enabled device detected."

How can I fix this?
PeterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 12:32 PM   #2
thx1766

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
I have just purchased ICYBOX IB-DK2106-C docking station, which is said to support DisplayLink: https://www.amazon.pl/gp/product/B07XVWCZ7X/

My goal was to connect 2 external monitors to have 3-screen setup. However, external monitors 2 and 3 only MIRROR each other, which is not what I wanted to achieve.

DisplayLink's widget says this: "No DisplayLink-enabled device detected."

How can I fix this?
While the Amazon product name says DisplayLink, I can't find any mention of it on the product details or reviews. I looked at the product photos, and genuine DisplayLink products usually display a logo with "DisplayLink Plug and Display".

I have a docking station similar to yours that works fine with Windows for multiple monitors, but on MacOS only mirrors them, and it does not work with the DisplayLink software that the officially branded product does in fact work with.

If it was a DisplayPort device, none of the video outputs on the docking station would work, as MacOS needs the driver program installed. In my experience, many docks are just a bridge for usb-to-hdmi, and only pass along a single video signal from your Mac, which gets duplicated on the dual displays.
thx1766 is offline   Reply With Quote