Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2023, 11:01 AM   #1
uncompromise

Default Flashing Screen on M1 MacBook Air

Computer: Apple MacBook Air M1, 2020 (MacBookAir10,1); Model Number MGQN3LL/A
DisplayLink Device: Wavlink WL-UG69PD2
DisplayLink Manager: 1.8.1 (build 63.180)
Monitor: Acer XB280HK

Note: when connecting the monitor directly to my computer, with a USB-C > DisplayPort cable I get full 4K at 60hz.

Issue Description:

I have recently purchased and installed this device. The screen flashes three times, with a short pause between, and then starts again. I can both mirror and extend the screen, but not without the consistent strobe flash.

When connecting the dock, I get the message to allow the device to connect, and after clicking "allow" the DisplayLink manager continues to display the message "Please allow your DisplayLink device to connect to this Mac."

When I disconnect the computer from the device, I get a message pop up that reads "USB Accessories Disabled. Unplug the accessory using too much power to re-enable USB devices." To my knowledge, the MacBook Air draws a maximum of 30W, and the WavLink device has 65W of power delivery.

Steps I have taken to resolve the issue:
  1. tested multiple USB-C cables capable of powering my computer directly (fail)
  2. disconnected all additional peripherals connected to the dock (fail)
  3. powered the computer directly from a separate power source, and connected to the DisplayLink device (fail)
  4. confirmed that I am running the latest OS, and the latest DisplayLink Manager (fail)
  5. checked for a firmware update from Wavlink; none available (fail)
  6. connected the monitor to the DisplayLink Device with a DisplayPort cable (fail)
  7. connected the DisplayLink Device to each of the DisplayPort outputs separately (fail)
  8. connected the monitor to the DisplayLink device with a USB-C to DisplayPort cable; this works when connected directly to my computer (fail)
  9. searched these forums for an answer (fail)
  10. asked Uncle Google (fail)

Steps I have NOT taken to resolve the issue:
  1. connected the DisplayLink device to my monitor via an HDMI > DisplayPort cable (I don't have one, and believe I would need an active cable to make this work)
To my knowledge I have tested everything I can test, and have my computer, my monitor, and the dock configured correctly.

Full DisplayLink device specifications available here.

Really hoping there's a straightforward fix for this issue.
uncompromise is offline   Reply With Quote