Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2023, 02:49 AM   #1
nsgujuboy

Default DisplayLink 4k Dock Dual Monitor Set Up Not Working

I have two, almost identical dual monitor set ups, one of which works, one of which is not:

1) FIRST SET UP THAT DOESN''T WORK
Two (2) Acer R240HY monitors both connected to my HP Displaylink 4K dock via [monitors] HDMI --> DisplayPort [dock]
MacBook Pro (2018) Intel Chip on macOS Ventura 13.4.1
Note: Acer displays only have an HDMI port, no DisplayLink Port. Not sure if that matters.

2) SECOND SET UP THAT DOES WORK
Two (2) Dell P2219H monitor, one connected to my HP Displaylink 4K dock via a double sided HDMI cable and the other via a double sided DisplayPort cable.
MacBook Pro (2018) Intel Chip on macOS Ventura 13.4.1

The second set up works fine. My MacBook Pro detects both monitors in the display settings and is extending the display so that I can use both monitors separately. Upon connecting my MacBook Pro to my first set up that isn't working however, my MacBook displays content on BOTH monitors but the content is mirrored, not extended. In my display settings, it is only detecting one monitor. I've tried plugging and unplugging the monitors, ensuring the DisplayLink manager driver is up to date, and using a double-sided HDMI cable to connect one monitor to the dock instead of the HDMI --> DisplayPort to somewhat mimic my set up that works. Still no luck. My DisplayLink manager says "no Displaylink enabled monitor detected." Not sure if this has anything to do with (A) the Acer monitors being incompatible with the HP DisplayLink or my MacBook Pro or (B) the cables I am using affecting the setup (dual sided HDMI and DisplayPort cables for the set up that works vs two HDMI/Displayport cables for the set up that does not work). If I bypass the dock entirely for the second Acer monitor and instead plug a dual HDMI cable from the monitor into an HDMI to USBC adapter that goes directly into my MacBook Pro, the MacBook detects the monitor fine and I can extend the display.

If anyone has any insight into what's going on and how I can fix this issue please let me know. I am really hoping that I don't have to buy new monitors!
nsgujuboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 10:56 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Note from moderator - I moved this topic into the macOS section of the forum

Please provide a the specific model number of (or a direct web link to) the HP docking station model that is not working. This will allow us to review the dock's specifications online.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 03:27 AM   #3
nsgujuboy

HP USB-C Dock G5, 5TW10AA#ABB
https://a.co/d/0aiPe6U

Thank you!
nsgujuboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 10:55 AM   #4
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsgujuboy View Post
HP USB-C Dock G5, 5TW10AA#ABB
https://a.co/d/0aiPe6U

Thank you!
According to the information provided by HP for your specific model docking station --> https://support.hp.com/us-en/product...fo?sku=5TW10AA this docking station does NOT have DisplayLink technology inside of it.

As a result, DisplayLink will be unable to assist you.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 03:40 AM   #5
KortneH

Default Samsung monitors and Display Link 4K

I recently upgraded my Macbook Pro to Ventura 13.4 and even had display link updated. In the office the montiors work, however at home they do not. When I click the display link icon in the toolbar it advises me to "allow display link device to connect to your Mac". I have gone into Privacy and settings and allowed it and still no change. I have rebooted, still no change. Please help!!!
KortneH is offline   Reply With Quote