Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #11
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyburkitt View Post
I have attached the scan report, thanks for any help you can give me

When I install the software on my computer it first, kills catalist program, then pop up saying explorer is no longer working, if I open IE it crashes and I can't move the window, if I restart it will not turn on until I run a system restore, I have tried all updated software and drivers, shut off windows man. , I uninstalled all ati software except the drivers and still o luck, my computer is a new hp, I did install an upgrade ati card to get more monitors.
I see you are using basic graphics mode, which may have other issues. We have just released an alpha for basic mode rendering. Could you try this instead:

http://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #12
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by westrajc View Post
I just purchased a HP Multi-media Docking Station. I'm running Windows x64 Ultimate on a HP DV6 laptop w/ a Quad-core AMD + ATI A8 Vision laptop with 8G or RAM.

As soon as I plug the docking station in, the laptop attempts to install the drivers, flips through a couple of black screens then goes BSD. I've installed the latest DisplayLink drivers and am running the latest ATI / HP AMD drivers.

I've seen dumps requested, etc. Does anyone have an actual solution!?
We need to check exactly what the issue is. Please post the logs as described here.

Thanks

Wim
Old 02-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #13
MrKal_El

I am currently gathering a log for a similar issue...but where do I actually send the file?
MrKal_El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #14
Dan
Banned

Post the file on this thread (or on a new thread relevant to the issue) and we'll take a look.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #15
matzedin

i have also problem..with a toshiba dynadock u3....it works a few monites on my toshiba vaio vpcsa4..and then screens are black or green or blue, purple and other funny colours.. ( and i only used it with the stamina mode (= intel HD grahics)
matzedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #16
matzedin

in the attechment the support zip... i have 14 days to send the dynadock back to seller..but i would like to use this for multimonitor on my vaio.
Attached Files
File Type: zip VAIO_20120415_171501.zip (862.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #17
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by matzedin View Post
i have also problem..with a toshiba dynadock u3....it works a few monites on my toshiba vaio vpcsa4..and then screens are black or green or blue, purple and other funny colours.. ( and i only used it with the stamina mode (= intel HD grahics)
That sounds like a hardware issue and I can't see any issues in the logs. Can you post a picture of the screen corruption?

Thanks

Wim
Old 04-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #18
matzedin

Exclamation

on usb 2.0 it works...but on usb 3.0 it produce this error...yesterday a have a connect a screen and a usb 3.0 drive..i copy a lot of files and than come this error..screen has green colour...but the file copy was not stopped..i wait if it was ready, disconnect the power from the dock..connect, it works..a little time...is there any driver problems with usb 3.0? i connect it now back to usb and wait for screen failure to make a picture.

edit: add zip file with 3 pictures..one with displaylink in Dynadock is working..2 with error ( white and purple screen)
Attached Files
File Type: zip displaylink.zip (9.98 MB, 2 views)

Last edited by matzedin; 04-16-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:50 AM   #19
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by matzedin View Post
on usb 2.0 it works...but on usb 3.0 it produce this error...yesterday a have a connect a screen and a usb 3.0 drive..i copy a lot of files and than come this error..screen has green colour...but the file copy was not stopped..i wait if it was ready, disconnect the power from the dock..connect, it works..a little time...is there any driver problems with usb 3.0? i connect it now back to usb and wait for screen failure to make a picture.

edit: add zip file with 3 pictures..one with displaylink in Dynadock is working..2 with error ( white and purple screen)
This is a bit off the original topic, but I think your issue is that you don't have the latest USB 3.0 Host controller driver installed on your laptop.

Please refer to this article to download the latest driver for your host controller and this should solve the issue:

http://kb.displaylink.com/315

Also, v6.2 M2 is now released and this contains some additional USB 3.0 compatibility fixes that may help, but I expect updating your USB 3.0 host controller will solve it.

Wim
Old 04-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #20
matzedin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post

http://kb.displaylink.com/315

Also, v6.2 M2 is now released and this contains some additional USB 3.0 compatibility fixes that may help, but I expect updating your USB 3.0 host controller will solve it.

Wim
dont solve the Problem, ich have updated to the lastest driver ( RENESAS/NEC) and to V6.2 M2...same problem....display hangs up after a lot of minutes.

Tags
ati, crash, displaylink, windows 7