Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs

Old 02-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
tpg

Default Driver Development? SDK?

My company is interested in embedding a MIMO USB monitor into our product. MIMO uses DisplayLink technology and includes the Windows drivers with the MIMO product. We have bought these monitors and they work well. On this monitor, I display many things, but let's just say I only display HELLO. Well, the problem is that I need to do a "remote login" into our product, but as you know in XP and Win7, when you do a remote login, the native screens go blank ... thus my HELLO goes away. I am willing to create my own driver so I can write to the device over USB without Windows knowing that the monitor exists. Can I get either a) a custom driver, or b) an SDK so I can create my own driver. Of course, I'll sign a confidentiality agreement.

tpg

Last edited by tpg; 02-13-2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: more attention
Old 03-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #2
mike54750

I too require an SDK. I am building a Java program to use these monitors and unless I get an SDK I will not be using them. I need a way to take over the monitor and output video and graphics reliably. I also need touchscreen and webcam APIs.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
mike54750

Default Java SDK

I require an SDK. I am building a Java program to use these monitors and unless I get an SDK I will not be using them. I need a way to take over the monitor and output video and graphics reliably. I also need touchscreen and webcam APIs.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
Wim

There is no official SDK to do what you want to do under Windows today.

An option might be to take the open source code, and write your own basic Windows driver to write directly to the screen. The latest open source can be found here:

http://git.plugable.com/gitphp/

Wim
Old 03-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
mike54750

I dont see anything for just the usb monitors.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
Wim

The open source will work with any DisplayLink device. Its a framebuffer driver, and you will also need libusb as the open source USB driver. It's not perfect but should provide you what you need to draw directly to the screen in Windows.

Wim