Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-19-2018, 05:25 PM   #51
toastido

Interestingly, it seems like the eGPU stuff is causing all sorts of issues all around. Very similar issues were reported using eGPUs and High Sierra: https://forums.developer.apple.com/m.../264366#264366

The most interesting part (to me), is that where I noticed it thinks the external display is using the internal video card in the profiler, and in that thread, the same -- the external GPU seems to also be reported to be using the internal card(s).

Mind you, that thread is from late last year, but based upon Apple's docs, built-in eGPU support would be being added in to high sierra during this cycle.

I may be way off track, but it's an interesting coincidence if not related.
toastido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:17 PM   #52
toastido

Another thing of note: I saw my full desktop momentarily immediately after login. It flashed up for a full second or so. I found this line interesting in the system log during that time:

Feb 19 12:02:24 clarity DisplayLinkUserAgent[263]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[EVFILT_MACHPORT] add: "No such file or directory" - 0x2

Also these:

Feb 19 12:02:34 clarity com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.displaylink.useragent): This service is defined to be constantly running and is inherently inefficient.
Feb 19 12:02:34 clarity com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.displaylink.useragent): Please switch away from OnDemand to KeepAlive.

Here's a link to see the full boot/login process if it helps: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vc9z507fc...otlog.rtf?dl=0
Old 02-19-2018, 07:02 PM   #53
toastido

Also I noticed if I kill -HUP the pid of DisplayLinkUserAgent, my desktop on that monitor flashes up for a second before the yellow takes over again.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:08 PM   #54
toastido

So after doing all that, I unplugged everything and closed the lid (put the machine to sleep). When I woke it up this morning and attached all the peripherals, THE DISPLAYLINK MONITOR IS WORKING PROPERLY!

I have no idea why. Ask me for whatever you'd like and if I can provide it I will.

EDIT: The displaylink useragent is no longer running. Nor is the displaylink manager, but the monitor is up and running in full resolution and fully functional.

MBP mid-2012 13" i7 10.14.2b2

Last edited by toastido; 02-20-2018 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:18 AM   #55
madtxema

Hi,

On Mac Os 10.13.4 beta 3 (17E160e) still doesn't work, yellow screen in my case.
madtxema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:52 AM   #56
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastido View Post
So after doing all that, I unplugged everything and closed the lid (put the machine to sleep). When I woke it up this morning and attached all the peripherals, THE DISPLAYLINK MONITOR IS WORKING PROPERLY!

I have no idea why. Ask me for whatever you'd like and if I can provide it I will.

EDIT: The displaylink useragent is no longer running. Nor is the displaylink manager, but the monitor is up and running in full resolution and fully functional.

MBP mid-2012 13" i7 10.14.2b2
Thank you toastido,

Well this is all surprising it would definitely help to see your debug info in the working case. Can you please follow the instructions in https://support.displaylink.com/know...rticles/755301 and mention that the logs are for me?

Do you see any corruption on the internal screen or the screen you have connected to the built-in external port on your MBP?

Many thanks,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:24 PM   #57
aehsmu

Quote:
Originally Posted by njoerd View Post
I can confirm that the problem persists in Beta 2. Had to uninstall the displaylink driver completely to not go insane since my integrated screen got glitchy and flickery after installing beta2.
Installed beta 3 this morning and then re-installed DisplayLink 4.1

I now see no signal, flicker, or any sign of life on the connected monitor.
--
Eric H.
--
aehsmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:58 PM   #58
Alanant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aehsmu View Post
Installed beta 3 this morning and then re-installed DisplayLink 4.1

I now see no signal, flicker, or any sign of life on the connected monitor.
--
Eric H.
--
Same experience for me on Beta 3.
Alanant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:06 PM   #59
toastido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Thank you toastido,

Well this is all surprising it would definitely help to see your debug info in the working case. Can you please follow the instructions in https://support.displaylink.com/know...rticles/755301 and mention that the logs are for me?

Do you see any corruption on the internal screen or the screen you have connected to the built-in external port on your MBP?

Many thanks,
Carlo
Well, I would be glad to, except now it's not working at all. I forgot to disable auto-updates and my machine updated to 10.13.4b3 overnight.

Last edited by toastido; 02-22-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:44 AM   #60
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastido View Post
Well, I would be glad to, except now it's not working at all. I forgot to disable auto-updates and my machine updated to 10.13.4b3 overnight.
It's OK. Our experiments so far show that the yellow screen/working pixels is a temporary situation, albeit interesting of course. We'll keep looking.

Cheers
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote