Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 12-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
zisler

Default "Kensinton Display Adapter is not supported on this operating system version"

Hi,

I just received a new Dell Latitude E6520 with Windows 7 Professional with 64-bit operating system. I tried to hook it up to my Kensington Universal Notebook docking station to the USB slot like I did with my other Dell Studio XPS running Windows 7 64 bit. However, with this new computer after initially detecting and attempting to install the software, I receive the following message:

"The software for Kensington Display Adapter is not supported on this operating system version. Please visit www.displaylink.com/software for an updated driver."

I followed the address and tried to update the latest software & driver (DisplayLink-6.1.35667.exe) but after initial install, I received the same message. Any suggestions on how to make my docking station work with this computer?
zisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
Wim

Can you tell me what version you are trying to install from the dock? You should be able to install the Kensington v5.2 or v5.5 from the Kensington website for this dock. Then you can upgrade to v6.1 from the DisplayLink website. But you do need to have v5.2 or v5.5 from Kensington installed first, otherwise the dock will not work properly.

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
zisler

The software from the device that usually installs automatically when you connect the usb cable does not even connect. So the 6.1 software that i downloaded from the support page was the only version I installed. do you have a link to the v5.2 or v5.5? I will try installing that first.

Thanks
M
zisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
Wim

The v5.5 software you need is on the Kensington website here:

http://accoblobstorageus.blob.core.w...1203_Setup.zip

Wim
Old 06-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
pbhatia

Default Software for Display Adapter not supported

Hi,

I just received a new Dell XPS13 ultrabook with Windows 7 Professional with 64-bit operating system. I tried to hook it up to my Kensington Universal Notebook docking station with DVI/Ethernet to the USB slot, however I receive the following message:

"The software for Kensington Display Adapter is not supported on this operating system version. Please visit www.displaylink.com/software for an updated driver."

I followed the address and tried to update the latest software & driver (DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows* V6.3) but after initial install, I received the same message. Any suggestions on how to make my docking station work with this computer?

I have tried installing previous versions (6.1, 5.5) but no luck.

Other thing to note -- when the dock is connected, the devices connected to the USB port work fine (Headset, keyboard, mouse) however the Display and Ethernet ports on the dock don't work.

Thanks,
pooja
pbhatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
Wim

Uninstall all DisplayLink software, then install v5.5 from teh Kensington website. Once that is done, you should be able to upgrade to v6.3. If you installed 6.3 and then v5.5, V5.5 would not have been installed properly as the installer would have seen 6.3 as a newer version.

Wim
Old 05-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
bv673

Default still not working with Windows 7 (64-bit)

Many of the threads describing problems interfacing the Kensington docking device with a Windows 7 machine are old, and none of the solutions have worked for me. I've tried downloading the newest drivers directly from the DisplayLink website, downloading old drivers (currently v5.6 is the oldest available on the DL site), and downloading DL drivers only then letting the Kensington auto-install run, but I always get the same message in the end: "The software for Kensington Display Adapter is not supported on this operating system version. Please visit displaylink.com/software for an updated driver."

Any new suggestions?
bv673 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
docking station, operating system, usb, windows