Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-18-2011, 12:10 AM   #1
NMadson

Default Flicker with USB 2.0 UGA Adapter

I just received and installed a Displaylink UGA Adapter. After a bit of fiddling I pretty much got it working. However the resolution flickers enough that it hurts my eyes to look at it. The manual suggests setting the refresh rate to a higher setting. However, on the second monitor Windows Display Properties (WDP) gives me only a choice of 60 Hertz. Is there some other setting I need to apply to reduce the flicker to make the 2nd monitor usable?

I don't know if the "fiddling" part is relevant, but when I first plugged in the USB cord, the system identified the second monitor as "Display device on VGA." However when I attempted to extend the desktop (which is the only use I have for the 2nd monitor) WDP tells me only "Unable to save display settings." After rebooting WDP now also sees the 2nd monitor as a 3rd display, "G185H". It was this "third" monitor that I've been able to use as part of an extended desktop. However, .... see above problem description.

Thanks,
Nolan
NMadson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flicker