Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
jrb009

Default Atlona AT-HDPiX2 + 15" Macbook Pro + DisplayLink 1.6b3 + Visio TV = Improper color!

As the subject states I am using a 15" unibody MacBook Pro (1.66 Core 2 Duo) with all the latest and greatest OS updates (OSX 10.6.6). I am plugging in a USB Atlona AT-HDPiX2 into a USB port on the laptop and plugging and HDMI cable from the Atlona box into a Visio VP42 Plasma TV (42"). I am also using the latest DisplayLink 1.6b3 drivers.

The image extends onto this TV and *functions* great. The problem is with the color... its almost all GREEN and PINK. See the attached picture.

I cannot get the color to look right. Can somebody please help?! I am excited to get this TV going as a 3rd monitor for streaming netflix movies -- watching movies in pink and green is no fun!

Thanks in advance!

Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bad-color.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	270  
Old 01-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
jrb009

I tried this on my other TV (55" LG LED) and it worked perfectly. Colors and function are exactly as you would expect them to be.

This obviously means it is an issue with the Vizio TV and getting the right color profile. I am not sure how to proceed... any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2011, 12:49 AM   #3
dcoulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb009 View Post
I cannot get the color to look right. Can somebody please help?! I am excited to get this TV going as a 3rd monitor for streaming netflix movies -- watching movies in pink and green is no fun!
Tried a different cable, or a different port on the TV? Have you tried doing VGA into the TV instead of HDMI?

BTW, if you are planning on doing full-screen video, you might want to use one of the on-board video ports and use DisplayLink for something else. I've got a 1920x1080 display hooked up to my DL port via DVI and it only handles a couple of frames-per-second full screen.