Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.5 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
Paul Sherry

Default Problems with Powerpoint - 1.5b3 for Snow Leopard

I am having problems with 1.5b3. Install went OK and monitor seems to be working fine in general i.e. can move windows across onto monitor.

Main reason for buying was to use with Powerpoint in Slide Show mode. On the Macbook, Powerpoint 2008 in slide show mode allows the primary computer to see the displayed slide, plus the last and next couple of slides. The secondary display just shows the 'projected' slide so the viewer can's see what's coming up next. Ideal for teaching.

Two problems -

1. When switching to slide show mode then the 'projected' slide should display in top right hand corner - it doesn't and jumps to lower right corner obscuring other things. Also image can break up occasionally

But more problematic....

2. When exiting slide show mode then Powerpoint crashes out and comes up with an error message to submit to Apple. This happens every time.

Powerpoint works fine with standard extra screen through DVI port (and VGA adaptor) so ? a driver problem.

Am using MacBook Pro, new issue Snow Leopard (Mac OS 10.6), and Powerpoint 2008 for Mac version 12.2.1.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 08-31-2009, 08:41 AM   #2
Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sherry View Post
I am having problems with 1.5b3. Install went OK and monitor seems to be working fine in general i.e. can move windows across onto monitor.

Main reason for buying was to use with Powerpoint in Slide Show mode. On the Macbook, Powerpoint 2008 in slide show mode allows the primary computer to see the displayed slide, plus the last and next couple of slides. The secondary display just shows the 'projected' slide so the viewer can's see what's coming up next. Ideal for teaching.

Two problems -

1. When switching to slide show mode then the 'projected' slide should display in top right hand corner - it doesn't and jumps to lower right corner obscuring other things. Also image can break up occasionally

But more problematic....

2. When exiting slide show mode then Powerpoint crashes out and comes up with an error message to submit to Apple. This happens every time.

Powerpoint works fine with standard extra screen through DVI port (and VGA adaptor) so ? a driver problem.

Am using MacBook Pro, new issue Snow Leopard (Mac OS 10.6), and Powerpoint 2008 for Mac version 12.2.1.

Thanks,

Paul
Hello Paul,

thanx for mentioning this. We will look into it. I doubt that we can do much about it - this sounds more like a problem that Powerpoint has. Some Software does some checks on the graphics hardware connected to the system and then assumes that it can't draw on a DL display correctly - which it actually could.

Patrick aka Jolly
Old 12-24-2009, 08:51 AM   #3
JulietteKlonk

thanks. very helpful post.