Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 09-15-2021, 01:02 PM   #1
Chenchaso

Default Display link not working for me

HI everyone, my research has led me here I must be doing something wrong but would appreciate any help.

I have a MacBook Air m1, connected to the Ts3Plus dock that connects to the DisplayPort to HDMI with the adapter to my bend monitor. Then I have a second monitor its a bit older has vga connected to HDMI adapter usb c. I have Mac OS 11.5.2 I installed the display link software but it is not recognizing both at the same time. When I connect my usb c connection to the laptop it cuts off my display link connection

Thanks.
Chenchaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:34 PM   #2
jteeny

Question Mac OS 11.5.2 issue - DisplayLink no longer recognizing bot of my monitors

DisplayLink has been working just fine with my M1 for the last 2-3 weeks allowing me to have dual monitor access, however, today I'm only able to access a single monitor. Is there an easy solve to fix this issue?
jteeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:02 PM   #3
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchaso View Post
HI everyone, my research has led me here I must be doing something wrong but would appreciate any help.

I have a MacBook Air m1, connected to the Ts3Plus dock that connects to the DisplayPort to HDMI with the adapter to my bend monitor. Then I have a second monitor its a bit older has vga connected to HDMI adapter usb c. I have Mac OS 11.5.2 I installed the display link software but it is not recognizing both at the same time. When I connect my usb c connection to the laptop it cuts off my display link connection

Thanks.
The Caldigit docking station you are using does NOT have DisplayLink technology within it, so DisplayLink will not be able to help.

Your MacBook Air M1 laptop supports only one external display via a Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C device. This is why only one display is working. This is an internal limitation of the laptop, not the products you are using.

In order to add two external displays to your M1 Mac, you would need to use a product based on DisplayLink technology
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 11:58 AM   #4
Chenchaso

Thank you for your quick assistance. do you happen to know what products have that capability? I must have read wrong I though this dock did.
Thanks.
Chenchaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 12:02 PM   #5
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchaso View Post
Thank you for your quick assistance. do you happen to know what products have that capability? I must have read wrong I though this dock did.
Thanks.
DisplayLink has a 'product finder' section on their website that may help --> https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...ylink-products
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote