Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release

Old 02-24-2011, 07:02 PM   #11
peiffer83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio S View Post
Hi,

I am running into the same problem as reported above. And I agree with Jeff Fitting when he says the unit replacement should not solve the problem. It looks to me as being much more a malfunction driver behaviour rather than a hardware issue alone.

I have in my office two Toshiba Dynadocks U, one of them purchased in 2009. It was functioning perfectly until last month when I updated the software with the one I downloaded from Toshiba and DisplayLink (v 5.5). The display now freezes as reported, ramdomly and while performing simple tasks. One or two times a day, and it can be overcome simply by undocking and docking again.

The second unit doesn't freeze, but it has not the monitor cable connected to it. The reason for that is that when I connect the monitor (a Samsung T2270 model) to the Dynadock, I start facing very accentuated mouse lag effects.
Hi does it make a difference if its plugged in dvi or vga?
Old 02-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #12
seaslate

Default Possible solution

I was having this exact same problem with my dynadock u. As I was trying to work it out I realized that whenever I would do something on my laptop that cause to the User Account Control to activate, my monitor would be come active, update and freeze as soon as I hit "allow". That made me think that it must be a software not a hardware issue. So I went into the control panel, user accounts, my user profile and unchecked the box that turned the User Account Control on. I restarted my computer and have not had a problem since and that was a few days when it was freezing 2-3 times a day. It may be a fix, time will tell.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #13
peiffer83

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaslate View Post
I was having this exact same problem with my dynadock u. As I was trying to work it out I realized that whenever I would do something on my laptop that cause to the User Account Control to activate, my monitor would be come active, update and freeze as soon as I hit "allow". That made me think that it must be a software not a hardware issue. So I went into the control panel, user accounts, my user profile and unchecked the box that turned the User Account Control on. I restarted my computer and have not had a problem since and that was a few days when it was freezing 2-3 times a day. It may be a fix, time will tell.

Hope this helps.
Well this is happening on Windows XP, are you on windows 7?
Old 02-25-2011, 10:12 PM   #14
Jeff Fitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by peiffer83 View Post
Thanks Jeff,

Was there any difference if the display resolution was changed? Color depth, or refresh rate of the monitor on the display link adapter? Did a different usb cable make any difference?
Hi peiffer83,

We didn't try other USB cables but we did see the problem on five different units, each with their own cables so i don't think it was cable specific. Also some users had their screen resolutions at different settings according to the monitor they were using but all had the same freeze problem.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #15
Sergio S

Quote:
Originally Posted by peiffer83 View Post
Hi does it make a difference if its plugged in dvi or vga?
Hi Peiffer.

I could not figure out if your question relates to the screen freeze issue or the mouse lag. On the computer that freezes the screen, the connection is VGA. On the second one, where the mouse lag is present, the problem occurs on both vga and dvi.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #16
Jeff Fitting

Default Testing the Kensington Universal Docking Station

I'm now testing a new Kensington Universal Docking Station, Model number: K33926US

It's a bit more expensive than the Toshiba Dynadock V but this unit is working without any problems so far, which makes it worth the money. Both units employ the DisplayLink hardware and drivers. The Kensington was much easier and faster to install. No install CD was needed and installation was completely automatic.

I've been using the Kensington dock for almost three days straight and never had any display freeze or other problems. The Toshiba unit failed at a rate of at least twice in an 8 hour work day.

So far so good. I've ordered the other four units I need from CDW so I will deploy all five Kensingtons soon and will report back to this thread with any news.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #17
Wim

Hi All

The freezing issues seem to have different root causes. V5.6 release should fix the majority of the freezes (90%) but there may still be some users with a freeze in v5.6.

If you still see a freeze in v5.6, can you let me know in this thread as we think we have a potential fix, however have no reliable way of reproducing it in our system test.

Thanks

Wim
Old 04-14-2011, 05:17 AM   #18
TalkLink Wellington

Default Getting the screen lock after update

Hi Wim, I realise it's been a while since you posted last, but we have just purchased 5 of the Toshiba Dynadock V's, and found that the screens were locking up for us. We are using HP4520s laptops, and even after installing v5.6 we're still getting the problem, but not on all computers.

Any update possible?

Cheers

Al.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #19
Wim

Hi Al

Thanks for the post. I think this might be better to open on a new thread on v5.6, as its different to the v5.5 freeze.

Could you confirm how many devices are pulled into the dock? It seems that some people only find this when there are multiple devices connected.

Also, could you post the log files as described here. The DisplayLink*.log files should tell us if it is similar to other freezes on v5.6.

Thanks

Wim

Tags
freeze, locking up, screen freezing