Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 07-14-2015, 02:55 PM   #1
morsanu

Default Laptop slowness when connected with a DisplayLink certified docking station

My setup:

An Asus laptop running Win 8.1 Enterprise with 16 GB RAM, Intel Core i7, nVidia Geforce GTX850 DDR3 4GB RAM, HDD 1TB + SSD 256GB.

This configuration is running smooth and I don't have any problems with the laptop. But at work I plug it in this docking stations/hub. In the hub I plug:

a keyboard
a LCD display through DVI
a LCD display through VGA=>HDMI adapter
LAN
headset
It ran pretty well for about three months. But lately I get these episodes when the OS gets very slow. Most of the times I restart the explorer task and it seems to work ok after. But these episodes are happening more often and I really don't know how to debug it. I tried to exclude applications, Skype being the primary suspect, but I didn't get any results.

But then I saw in Task manager that the most intense process was DisplayLinkManager Application (the second one being Desktop Window Manager). And I tried to do everything possible to fix it.

I updated the drivers for DisplayLink and my graphic card.

I followed all the steps presented here.

The hub performs well with a different laptop. But I've tried with the same model laptop from a colleague and it had the same problem.

And this is my last resort, posting in this forum, so I really hope I cand find a solution.

PS: I will create a log file tommorrow as U didn't have time to do it today.
morsanu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dock, driver, windows