Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2015, 02:57 PM   #71
mausland

Default Same issue after WU 3/9

I'm having the same issue with the DL drivers after the Windows Update on 3/9. Followed the removal process several times and each time I get drivers from Windows Update I'm getting the older version.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:27 PM   #72
cwerfel

Same here. I just uninstalled and cleaned the DL versions I had installed, reconnected hardware, downloaded from WU and the version downloaded was 7.7. Still need to get this fixed with MSFT on WU. Sadly for me, my first attempt to fix this was to rollback using system restore which fixed DL but broke all my metro apps, start menu, Cortana, etc. This weekend will be a complete rebuild but there's no point in doing that until the 7.8 W10 drivers are back in play.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:04 PM   #73
seedosrun

Default Got it Fixed...

I tried the steps to uninstall, reboot, use the cleaner, rebooted, and plugged back in and installed with no luck.

They way I got mine fixed was go into device manager, go to usb display adapters, select the DisplayLink Adapter, click update driver, browsed drivers, let me pick and selected the one for 7.8.xxxx. After that and a reboot, back up and running with my dual displays.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:34 PM   #74
mausland

Where are you finding the update? When I do that I get the same 7.7 driver... Would you mind walking us through your steps?
Old 03-11-2015, 03:42 PM   #75
Denis Olivier

Default Same issue again

The 7.7 drivers are always coming from WU.
Currently with a rollback, I get a newer version labeled with:

DisplayLink Display Adapter (430F)
Driver date: 27/01/2015
Driver version: 7.8.5999.0

And the monitors doesn't mount, I admit a little bit frustrating after 3 days trying again and again, while it worked perfectly since many weeks.

Thank you and good luck guys
Old 03-11-2015, 05:36 PM   #76
carsten.horlacher

Hi, I had the same problem and found the "old/new" driver under C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\dis playlinkusb.inf_amd64_550de5f561177400. So I installed this driver with right click - install - on the displaylinkusb.inf. Windows 10 was too intelligent and updated it to the bad version 7.7 from yesterday (received via windows update). But after that I was able to switch back to the old driver thru device manager. And now itīs working again!
Old 03-11-2015, 07:49 PM   #77
mausland

Default Close

So when I look in the driver store and try to do the upgrade I see that it is only version 7.7.60366.0

I guess I'm SOL until WU has the update.

UPDATE: 3/13/15 - Windows Update seems to now have the latest driver in place. Installed and working.

Last edited by mausland; 03-16-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:30 AM   #78
moogleassassin

ok... running Win10 10041 now and surprise - everything is broken again and no new drivers being presented via WinUpdate.

Can't lie, I'm getting a little tired of this now. Yes its beta. Yes things change, but every single build that changes its always completely broken. Are you guys working with MS on this - I'm assuming so because the drivers are being loaded to WinUpdate... but please try and get working drivers for new builds out asap.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:38 AM   #79
moogleassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogleassassin View Post
ok... running Win10 10041 now and surprise - everything is broken again and no new drivers being presented via WinUpdate.

Can't lie, I'm getting a little tired of this now. Yes its beta. Yes things change, but every single build that changes its always completely broken. Are you guys working with MS on this - I'm assuming so because the drivers are being loaded to WinUpdate... but please try and get working drivers for new builds out asap.
ok the previous fix of reverting to the 7.7 driver is what is breaking it. reverting forwards back to the 7.8 driver and things (atm) seem to be working.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:03 AM   #80
PaulJ

Hi moogleassassin,

Sorry you've been having problems but it sounds as though you have resolved them now. Is that correct? It's unfortunate that this 7.7 issue has occurred, I agree, hopefully this should not happen again - there was an issue which was causing this version which was not intended for Windows 10 being mistakenly released by Microsoft. They have now tweaked something which should mean this doesn't happen again.

Thanks,
Paul