Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 04-10-2018, 03:27 PM   #1
sshallen

Default No DisplayLinkManager Service

First of all this support website is really out of date. References to Windows XP and Vista and no reference to Windows 10? Hmm, I was tempted to just throw this DisplayLink in the garbage but the downloads page does mention Windows 10 let me start with the basic question that needs to be asked after looking at your support page. Does my DisplayLink certified USB display adapter work with Windows 10?

If so then here is what I can tell you:

1. In "Programs and Features" DisplayLink Graphics Driver" is installed with version 8.5.3276.0". This version was installed after failing to get the currently released version working on Windows 10. I am told "DisplayLink Software for DisplayLink Graphics is already up to date" after installing the download as administrator and trying to run again.

2. Device Manager shows "USB HDMI Adapter" in "Other devices" with status "the drivers for this device are not installed"

3. Services shows no "DisplayLinkManager" under Extended or Standard tabs. There is no service to enable.
sshallen is offline   Reply With Quote