Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 11:28 PM   #111
Stonie

Loose the narrow view display link... what about the ~2 million RaspberryPi boards in circulation? digital signage? - yes you are foolish at best.

Quote:
Hey Display link, Here is your chance to be part of the future... If you choose to ignore the Linux community we will find another way that does not include you. We always do. You can count on our determination and perseverance. Please choose to be part of the solution.
Sign the petition:
https://www.change.org/petitions/dis...0-series-chips
Old 02-17-2014, 07:46 PM   #112
Harold

Another subscriber just to express my disappointment in DisplayLink and the immense power of the content industry.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:07 PM   #113
khamer

The petition passed 250 signatures. That's 250 customers who were affected, found the petition and took the time to sign it in ~2 months.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:43 PM   #114
JordanGrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by batrick View Post
I also have a USB 3.0 Lenovo dock with DVI ports I can't use because of this driver issue. Can we get an update please?
I have the Lenovo dock as well. Ethernet, and USB connections work, sound and video don't. It's now a year later. Any progress?
Old 03-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #115
kempe

Any news on this? I just got a device and just took for granted that it would work but apparently not
Old 03-23-2014, 01:28 PM   #116
disappointed_customer

Just created an account to express my frustration and disappointment for having bought the Lenovo USB 3.0 dock and finding out that there was no linux support for it.

I really hope that the DisplayLink people will change their mind...
Old 04-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #117
joncamfield

This is not only blocking me from buying docking stations for my team, but also it is changing my laptop purchasing. It's really a shame for the leading-edge laptops that have moved to USB3 port replication models.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #118
Beaker

checking back after months, sad to see this is still not fixed

shame on you DisplayLink
Old 04-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #119
mikus

I checked back again to see if there's been any progress, and of course not.

Really, you need to get over the whole content protection racket - it was defeated before it started. Do the world a favor and tell the media cartels that it's not worth the effort on your behalf, and display the damn video anyway. The only thing you are hurting is your sales, as I have already refused solutions in a company because the useless usb3.0 docks weren't supported for me (a full-time linux desktop user).

We now consider linux a viable, in-use desktop in our corporation (of ~3500 people), and were considering support aspects of usb3 docks (with this forsaken chipset), which sadly rules out many vendor solutions like Lenovo that push them as a "solution". Your customers need made aware of a distinct lack of support on your part for essentially all future chipsets under linux until you move beyond this ridiculous stigma of content protection being something useful to you and/or the end users.

Check usenet or pirate bay, you're really not stopping anything, you're just obviating your platform, and consequently hurting your upstream customers from consideration for purchase and adoption.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #120
brusserius

Stinks like "yet another marriage with Bingosoft (read Microsoft)". I was always interested how the European Commission can be involved in something like that. This time have a clear reason/case so will ask friends around how to file some anti-competition case.
Closed Thread