Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Windows 8.1 Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #11
JamesH

Hi,

Yes please attach the logs.

Let me know if you get this issue with the release preview driver.

Thanks,
James
Old 08-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #12
Damien

Default Fresh Paint and TuneIn Radio Apps stopped working

I've installed the Display Link Windows 8.1 Release candidate on a Surface Pro (Windows 8.1 Preview) and after installation when trying to start the following two applications (Fresh Paint and TuneIn Radio) they stay hidden and refuse to start.

After uninstall of the Display Link Windows 8.1 Release candidate they works fine again.

Any idea?

Thanks
Damien
Old 08-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #13
JamesH

Hi,

Please attach the debug logs:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Can you check if you get this issue with the release preview driver?

Thanks,
James
Old 08-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #14
Damien

Default Re: Apps works fine with the Preview

The above Apps works fine with the Preview - just not fine with the Release Candidate.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #15
tboggs13

Same issue here with MS Solitaire and Halo:Spartan Assault.

Installed drivers, rebooted. Later in the day I tried to run the games and they crashed on startup. Rebooted two more times. This morning, thought to uninstall the DisplayLink drivers and the games started working again after reboot.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to reinstall the drivers and run the tests today. I will try tonight.

The preview drivers were the best I had used with my Dell u2340t and Surface Pro. Everything ran smooth except encrypted video. I have noticed more mouse lag with the RC and stuff like Netflix still won't play videos on the DisplayLink monitor.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #16
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The above Apps works fine with the Preview - just not fine with the Release Candidate.
Yep - you're right. This was a regression I'm afraid. We've found the code change that caused it and fixed it now, so should be good for the final release.

Wim
Old 08-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #17
jdowsett

Default Windows 8.1 Release Can Driver Issue

After installing noticed that Halo Spartan Ops , The Register, CBC Hockey and many other apps would fire up to title screen and then dump back to the Start Menu. With usb attached device and without. Refreshed back to 8.0 and verified Halo worked. Moved to 8.1 and verified Halo worked. Installed 8.1 Release Can driver and Halo no more worky. Anyone know any work around or fixes. Also the same thing happens to "The register" app (a free app). If someone could test this an verify if this is a MY setup problem or further - that would nice. James I can supply event logs if you think that would help.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #18
JamesH

Hi,

This is an issue with the 8.1 Release Candidate driver. This will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks,
James
Old 08-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #19
ats_support

Default Same issue different apps

Since installing the RC for 8.1 I can no longer open Tunein Radio or the Ebay app.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:14 AM   #20
jdowsett

Default Yep lots of apps....

From the simple alarm clock to Halo. Over half of my apps. I had to stop using displaylink for Halo....not my proudest moment. They will have it fixed soon they seem to be a fairly responsive bunch.