Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 03-10-2022, 09:17 AM   #1
Properjob70

Default 2 HP Laptops on W10, 1 Lenovo USB Hub, No DisplayLink on one

I have been issued a new work laptop, an HP Elite together with a Lenovo USB-C Generic hub, that includes USB-2, USB-3, LAN, VGA and HDMI ports with Displaylink video. I have attached the hub to the EliteBook and my Samsung monitor and both display and USB ports are functioning correctly via the Lenovo Hub. The monitor is attached to the hub using an HDMI lead.

When I try the same with my home HP laptop, the HDMI port does not work/is not recognised. The Device Manager registers a warning triangle in the USB list. The USB ports and the LAN port worked first time with USB mouse, keyboard, headset etc.

Initially I made the mistake of plugging the USB-C hub in without first loading the Displaylink software. I downloaded the Lenovo DisLink software first and then uninstalled that and loaded the Displaylink software off the Displaylink site (which is a larger file than the Lenovo one). The compatibility test passed no problem.
I have tried uninstalling the software and using the Displaylink Cleanup Tool, re-starting the laptop after doing both those things. The same USB error re-occurs.
The laptop works fine with the HDMI lead plugged into the HDMI port on the machine direct to the monitor (I tend to use the larger monitor as an extended display).

Using the Displaylink forum links, I have generated a log file from the tools provided.
Properjob70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hp laptop, lenovo usb-c hub, windows 10