Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
efd

Default Where is second monitor?

Hi,
I've installed the latest RC on my win7. Installing the driver went ok, but I cannot select my second monitor anywhere. Not sure if this has to do with the driver or with Win7. I've attached a Kensington USB adapter. It is listed in the devices (unkown device, K33907), but when selecting the screenproperties, it's also the generic VGA adapter. Identification is always screen 1. Also win-p shortcut doesn't do anything. Am I missing something? Thanks.
Ed
Old 10-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
Martin

Hi,

Thanks for your post. The problem is with the "Generic VGA adapter" which means that your graphics card is not installed correctly. As the release note states, DisplayLink-enabled screens will only work on Windows 7 if there is a WDDM 1.0 or higher graphics driver installed.

Please first uninstall any DisplayLink software currently installed, then visit the pc/graphics manufacturers website for the correct windows 7 graphics driver for your machine.

Once installed, download and install the latest DisplayLink software, and let us know how you get on!

Best Regards,
Martin
DisplayLink