Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2009, 10:24 PM   #11
Phil Meads

Default 3 added monitors with windows 7

On my laptop, where I run Windows 7, I added the three monitors that I intend to use with my big machine when DisplayLink provides some support for Windows Server 2008 x64.

All three, including my ASUS VW223B and two Diamond BVU160 driven displays could be added together. When arranged as a horizontal series of monitors, they appear to work just fine. However, when arranged as a square pattern with the two driven by the BVU160s above the attached monitor and the ASUS monitor to the right, I was unable to move windows up to either of the upper monitors.

This is the arrangement that I want to use with my DELL server running Windows server 2008 x64.

I did some experimenting copying DisplayLink 5.2 files from my laptop to my DELL, getting some recognition (no wrong OS message) but not anything usable yet.

I had been using version 4.6.19279 (Vista x64 version) completely successfully with the single added monitor being the ASUS VW223B. This arrangement crashes with the addition of another monitor. On the ASUS site, I found a newer VISTA x64 version of 4.6 (=4.6.2) and installed that with no problem. I had hoped that it perhaps would allow me to add the other two monitors, but after installation, it let me know that it was not going to run on my operating system (this did not happen with 4.6.19279), and now I am unable to return to 4.6.19279 ("DisplayLink up to date" although I had removed the DisplayLink graphics). So now I will look at the various log files for a clue.

I would appreciate having someone tell me how to get back to 4.6.19279!

Previously, I had downloaded Microsoft Application Verifier and gone through all of the steps suggested in a previous post. When then attempting to load 5.2, I still got the message that mine was an unsupported operating system. (I spent a full day yesterday working with the various approaches.)