Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-07-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
jazzy

Default DisplayLink Driver messing with my tablet button and accelerometer

Hi,

I just bought a toshiba dynadock U and installed the latest displaylink driver (5.6.31870) for my HP 2760p tablet PC. The external monitor via displaylink is working perfectly fine when plugged that into my laptop, however one of my tablet button (rotate display button) was messed up and the windows accelerometer was stopped working.

Before installing displaylink driver, I have installed an hp application called ScreenRotationCPUI (for Tablet Screen Rotation) that basically changes the display to portrait whenever I flip the screen (in tablet mode). After installing displaylinkdriver, the screen doesn't rotate automatically to portrait when in tablet mode, the accelerometer isn't working either (to rotate the display based on the position of the display), and whenever I press the rotate button (hardware button on the screen) it only bring up the ScreenRotationCPUI interface instead of rotating the screen. In other word, all of the rotating functions are now broken. Although manual rotation via Windows OS still work.

The happens with both drivers I downloaded from Toshiba and DisplayLink. And I got all of the rotating functions back as soon as I uninstall the driver.

Can anybody advise if this is a known issue? Is there any workaround? This basically has stopped me to use the displaylink chip as I'd rather has a fully functioned tablet than having an additional external monitor.
Thanks guys.

Details:
Computer: Hewlett-Packard - HP EliteBook 2760p
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (x64-based PC), Service Pack 1, English
OS Build: 7601
Desktop Mode: Aero
Installed Package: DisplayLink Graphics (5.6.31870.0)
Installed Package: DisplayLink Core Software (5.6.31854.0)

Last edited by jazzy; 10-07-2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: wording
jazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
Wim

We don't do anything to disable this tablet driver. We have not heard of the ScreenRotationCPUI (and googling for it produces a googlewhack for this page!).

I expect that the tablet driver has only been tested with the tablet display and any physical outputs from the tablet. When it sees additional displays it does not recognise it disables itself to be safe.

I don't think this is a problem that DisplayLink will be able to fix. HP would need to fix this in their Tablet software to work with additional displays.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
skipole

I have exactly the same issue on my HP2760p running Windows 7 x64. This worked on my older HP2710p running Windows XP.
skipole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #4
necaru

Default Same problem with HP 2760p with standard software

I have the same problem with my HP 2760p running W6 64 bit. I bought Warpia ConnectHD that uses displaylink. Moreover: I have installed only the standard HP rotation software (hotkeys, not ScreenRotationCPUI). Displaylink damages both the accelerometer rotation and button rotation. When are you releasing a new displaylink version that solves this known issue?
necaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #5
necaru

Default A solution proposal to Displaylink

Hi, the problem is that Displaylink is running all the time. Is there any way to run it ONLY when you need it? This way the accelerometer and buton rotate functions will stop working only when Displaylink is running.

Some other programs have setting options such as: "start this program when windows starts" but unfortunately I cannot find this option in DisplayLink settings...
Old 03-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by necaru View Post
Hi, the problem is that Displaylink is running all the time. Is there any way to run it ONLY when you need it? This way the accelerometer and buton rotate functions will stop working only when Displaylink is running.

Some other programs have setting options such as: "start this program when windows starts" but unfortunately I cannot find this option in DisplayLink settings...
No, we have to be installed all the time, as you cannot dynamically add and remove graphics card drivers without a lot of screen flashing and a reboot.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
HPClient

Hi, I have been fighting HP red tape to try to get a new version of HP Hotkey but unfortunately, HP Brazil customer service sucks. After 4 month of just closing and opening the case several times to mislead HP USA into believing they are working, they just closed the case on the excuse than HP computers only works with HP peripherals. My recommendation: DO NOT BUY A HP LAPTOP!!!
HPClient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
necaru

I agree: HP's software sucks and so does HP's Customer service!!! DO NOT BUY HP PRODUCTS!!!

Tags
bug, display, rotation, tablet