Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
basilmir

Default Monitor will not sense sleep mode on dvi, it is always on.

Monitor will not sense sleep mode on dvi, it is always on.

I am on windows 7 x64, and all is well.
EXCEPT: The Displaylink connected monitor does NEVER go to sleep. If the pc sends sleep mode to the lcd's, the displaylink one will display a black picture. If i put my entire laptop to sleep, my monitor says, SIGNAL ERROR, and still never goes to sleep.

May i add that the monitor works flawlessly when under the normal DVI connection.

This IS IMPORTANT. My screen DOES NOT SLEEP, EVER, unless i go the back and flip the switch. This only happens when on Displaylink DVI.

Q: Is this a revision thing? Do i have to return the dock and get a newer one?
Old 12-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
basilmir

I filed a ticket with support. Today, they responded... i hope they manage to fix something.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
sundansx

how did you file a bug report?
Old 01-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
basilmir

I files one here: http://www.displaylink.com/support/ask_question.php

Yes... I'm going through the paces... the support guy is nice but he's as clueless as i am.
I do have some new details.

1. If i shutdown all displays turn off as normal.

2. If i put the laptop to sleep, the display using displaylink via usb displays a "Signal error".

As it stands, it seems that if the power is not completely off the usb displaylink still expects some kind of data from the port.

Still the monitor on the usb displaylink will not go in standby when the computer is on.

Last edited by basilmir; 01-10-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
basilmir

Oh well... today the displaylink support guy told me to return the product, my Toshiba dynadock U Universal USB Docking Station.

While he was very nice, i was expecting him to ask for some log files, some debug information, but it seems he was content in asking about the problem and them replying like this.

The dock works flawlessly, apart from this issue... and since toshiba's drivers do not, apparently, fully support windows 7 yet. I must wait.