Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release

Old 10-20-2009, 01:39 AM   #1
bchow

Default Can't set resolution to native res.

I saw a similar thread, but I wasn't sure if this is the same issue, or just similar symptoms. I am trying to drive a monitor and not a projector. I wouldn't think that would make a difference but who am I to say

I'm using the latest 5.2 RC drivers on Windows 7 RTM x64. The max (and only resolution) I'm able to run is 1280x1024. I am trying to drive a ViewSonic VA1903wb that has a native resolution of 1440x900.

I've attached the debug zip produced by the debug tool. Is there anything I can do to run this monitor in the correct aspect ratio and resolution?

Thanks,
-Brian
Attached Files
File Type: zip displaylink-debug-w7-101909.zip (20.3 KB, 1033 views)
Old 10-20-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
Martin

Hi Brian,

We have failed to read the edid from the monitor, either due to a dodgy edid on the monitor, or poor connection, or else faulty device. Try upgrading the DisplayLink software (click the check for updates button in the sys tray icon) and give the monitor cable a good wiggle.

Let me know how it goes.

Martin.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
bchow

Updating the display link software said there were no updates for my system. I have also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cable several times. Is there a way to force the resolution? Currently the resolution drop down box in windows 7 is grayed out for this monitor.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
Martin

Unfortunately there is a bug in the software that means it is not possible to change the resolution when the edid is not available. A fix is being worked on, but may not be available until the first maintenence release of 5.2. Once the product release of 5.2 is available, I suggest you try that in case it helps.

Best regards,
Martin
Old 10-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
bchow

In another post, you indicated that this would be in 1-2 months. Is there any way to get an interim fix? I would really like to be able to use this monitor without everything looking stretched.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
Martin

Sadly it's not possible to do that.

Sorry,
Martin.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #7
HuggyBear

Hello,

I am also having this same problem since updating to 5.2. I have a display with a native of 1024x768 and only 1280x1024 is available. I have swapped monitors, VGA cables and USB cables with no joy.

Prior to the update, this monitor was working fine at native res.

The monitor connects via a VGA-DVI adapter and has never displayed anything other than 'Generic Non-PnP Monitor' so EIDID appears not to have mattered to the RC driver.

In my opinion, the ability for the user to choose their own resolution rather than trying to autodetect is far less prone to failure.

I hope this can be resolved quickly as I appreciate this technology when it works.

Thanks

-HuggyBear