Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-25-2018, 10:21 AM   #301
Wozzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by State_from_Jake_Farm View Post
Come on people please be patient! They will release a new version sometime within our lifetimes!

And let us try to be fair, it's not like they were aware of this issue since Mac OS X 10.13.4 Beta 1 was released on 1/24/2018.
DL have known the way they were implementing the driver would be closed by Apple for over 12 months.

When you have hundreds and hundreds of users with expensive DisplayLink devices not being able to use them you really need it to be ASAP
Wozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:27 PM   #302
State_from_Jake_Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozzy View Post
DL have known the way they were implementing the driver would be closed by Apple for over 12 months.

When you have hundreds and hundreds of users with expensive DisplayLink devices not being able to use them you really need it to be ASAP
I was being sarcastic, my dude. To be fair we don't know what the situation at DL is / was regarding this issue (if they have the resources available to respond to situations like this, technical hurdles they encountered etc).
State_from_Jake_Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:06 PM   #303
tommiy

Thought I would come back and see how this issue has been resolved. I've had to move to a windows machine at work due to this problem so I no longer have it. No more MAC machines in the enterprise too much a headache to support them being locked down to apple specific solutions with no consideration to the market.

But I see that the solution is limited resolution and extending to only a single display. While I don't like windows lack of stability it does still function and enable display link with greater capability than the apple crippled support thats provided airplay.

I don;t see this going any where for MACs its obvious with this tack that Apple will not restore what was in use by the industry. Guess that all but kills displaylink on macs with such limited capabilities.

Sad state of affairs but then again it is apple. Go buy a much higher priced solution is the only option or move to a lower priced windows machine that support 4k displays and many extended options.
tommiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:28 AM   #304
daan

I'm thinking of selling my Kensington DisplayLink Dock and move to a Sonnet
Breakaway Puck.

While a Thunderbolt solution is more inconvenient with all the steps connecting and disconnecting at least I can use all my monitors in the way DisplayLink is supposed to work.
daan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:38 PM   #305
smp999

Well - the temp solution that was working has now failed me. It's back to clone mode and I cannot get to work properly. I have uninstalled and re-installed beta4. Nothing. I have set the security settings and unplugged the ubs device. No luck. I will try tomorrow.
smp999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:06 PM   #306
XoneMark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp999 View Post
Well - the temp solution that was working has now failed me. It's back to clone mode and I cannot get to work properly. I have uninstalled and re-installed beta4. Nothing. I have set the security settings and unplugged the ubs device. No luck. I will try tomorrow.
I have a Mac Mini setup with a Thunderbolt Display and 2x 20 inch Cinema Displays and one of the Cinema Displays is setup to use the DisplayLink adapter. After you shutdown or reboot the Display Link monitor will only run as a clone UNLESS you disable your Firewall in the security settings.

You will need to disable the firewall, then unplug the adapter, then plug the adapter back in before you can use the extended display option again.

Once you extend the screen to the extra display you can reactivate the Firewall if you want to. You'll still have to do this every day until they get the software updated. Hope this helps somebody.
XoneMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:59 PM   #307
smp999

Yep - that was it - thanks.

That's the main reason I posted. I was hoping someone would see the solution.
smp999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:59 PM   #308
Poly

Any news regarding today's macOS 10.13.5 release?
Old 05-30-2018, 02:43 PM   #309
nicolas

Unhappy Any update for 10.13.4? thanks

Any update for 10.13.4? thanks
nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:49 PM   #310
nicolas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
Any news regarding today's macOS 10.13.5 release?
nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote