Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2018, 07:54 AM   #1
Camper

Default No displays detected

Hi

I've just got a Plugable UD-6950 device and I'm having a problem, DisplayLink systray app says "No displays detected" no matter what I do. I used three DisplayPort cables by now, tried to plug and re-plug everything (power, DP cables), tried to turn device off and on using the button, tried a USB 2.0 cable and another USB 3.0 cable to connect laptop to the dock, reinstalled drivers three times (cleaning them using the Cleaner utility before reinstalling). Device seems to be detected by Windows in Device Manager under USB Display Adapters just fine.

I've gone through post "HOWTO: Debugging issues on Windows with DisplayLink":

1) Check the DisplayLink software is installed: Yes.
2) Check the DisplayLink Service is running: Yes, DisplayLink application is running in the system tray.
3) Check the DisplayLink USB device appears in the device manager: Yes, it shows under USB Display Adapters / Plugable UD-6950 Docking Station
4) Check the Product ID of the DisplayLink USB device: PID is not 8060, it is 6011
5) Check that the latest graphics driver is installed: Yes, I installed latest Intel HD 4400 drivers after first saw the issue and the issue remained
6) Check that the latest USB 3.0 host controller driver is installed: Yes, I installed latest drivers from Intel before installing DisplayLink software (before I installed them the software said that my USB host controller drivers were old, after I updated the drivers it stopped saying that).

DisplayPort cables I used work when used not with the dock, monitor works fine when not used with the dock. Other functions of the dock work fine: Ethernet, audio out, USB hub work.

My config: Win 7 Pro, Toshiba Z30, monitor Acer XB321HK.
I'm attaching diagnostic logs gathered by diagnostic utility.

Is my device defective?
Attached Files
File Type: zip TOSHIBA_20180330_194206.zip (1.89 MB, 1 views)
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote