Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-12-2016, 04:24 PM   #11
stfm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdillon View Post
yeah, i think you are right. the white balance is crazy high. well thanx again for all your efforts and i look forward to any updates that you might provide.
This monitor has a pretty small gamut (colour intensity), and the original profile isn't tuned to that. As a result it clips to white way too soon. I'm going to make another run at it, and will report back tomorrow if it bears fruit. It's never going to be a monitor for colour critical work, but I'm confident it will be a lot better when I compress the coulour space more.
stfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:30 AM   #12
unsyn

Thanks stfm, the profile you posted is a nice improvement already. Even with it, though, light grays still don't come out too well, like the mouseover background colour for result items here, pretty much invisible: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=mb169b%2B+ this is not only a problem for colour critical work, but also for subtle color hints when editing text or code. Would it make sense to have multiple profiles, each optimized for a different kind of task (say text editing vs. working with photos)?
unsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:20 AM   #13
stfm

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsyn View Post
Thanks stfm, the profile you posted is a nice improvement already. Even with it, though, light grays still don't come out too well, like the mouseover background colour for result items here, pretty much invisible: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=mb169b%2B+ this is not only a problem for colour critical work, but also for subtle color hints when editing text or code. Would it make sense to have multiple profiles, each optimized for a different kind of task (say text editing vs. working with photos)?
I don't think that will be necessary, I'll report back here as soon as I have a new profile done. It takes a very long time to do (about two hour for one run).

The problem is that I have no way of turning the profile off, so I have to try different profiles to use as starting points. Usually the profiling software disables the profile, to measure the device as it really is, but the Displaylink software prevents this.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:12 PM   #14
stfm

Default New profile in new thread.

Download the new profile here, and let this thread die.

http://displaylink.org/forum/showthr...0603#post80603
Old 06-16-2020, 01:52 PM   #15
kiril_nedev

I had exactly the same problem and managed to fix it.
I installed the software from Asus website and it turned out that CONTRAST is set to 53% .. which causes some colors to disappear.
Putting it to 50% showed all the colors properly
kiril_nedev is offline   Reply With Quote