Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-16-2018, 01:05 PM   #21
Mr.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.T. View Post
For the FIRST TIME since buying my DisplayLink this spring, I actually have the external monitor working off the HDMI.

Updated to 10.14.2 with driver 5.0.1

Now, I just hope it lasts.
I should update this post... it did work. Until I rebooted the computer. Now, no combination of doing anything will get it to work again. I give up.
Mr.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:25 PM   #22
jtrigueros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous_ View Post
With 10.14.2, displaylink finally seems to be working with my 2018 Macbook pro.

However Mission Control animations are very slow on displaylink screen. Also drag-n-dropping the application windows on displaylink connected screen seems to be rather slow. Anyone else experiencing such issues? Any idea how to fix it?
I'm also experiencing lag Dragging windows and selecting code in my code editor has some serious lag. I bought the Dell D6000, which wasn't cheap, so that I could connect both of my monitors with one cable, but I've had to resort to using an USB-C to HDMI dongle for the time being.

Awaiting future updates!
jtrigueros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 12:44 AM   #23
tommiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrigueros View Post
I'm also experiencing lag Dragging windows and selecting code in my code editor has some serious lag. I bought the Dell D6000, which wasn't cheap, so that I could connect both of my monitors with one cable, but I've had to resort to using an USB-C to HDMI dongle for the time being.

Awaiting future updates!

Try uninstalling the drivers, reboot, and reinstall and reboot. I've noticed, like a few others, that displaylink drivers over a period of time result in kernel_task CPU utilisation increasing. This may be the result of the lag. I now routinely watch my kernel task utilisation and once it gets to averaging about 20% i repeat uninstall and reinstall to get it to return to about 2%.
tommiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:30 AM   #24
Poly

I'm experiencing overload or overheat issues lately. I'm on the latest driver and Mojave version. Specifically when playing e.g. Youtube videos on the extended monitors (both @1080p), everything gets very laggy within minutes and eventually both screens will shut down. Unplugging and rebooting seems to help only temporarily. I'm using the HP-dock mostly. My specs are in the signature below.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:00 AM   #25
brossow

MacBook Air (13 inch, 2017) with macOS 10.14.2
DisplayLink 5.0.1
Sabrent USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station

Still getting nothing at all on my attached monitor, which was working fine until the 10.13.4 update months ago. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DisplayLink 5.0.1 driver repeatedly (rebooting each time, obviously). The monitor itself is fine, and I have tried both HDMI and DVI cables (all known good) and nada.

Any suggestions? Month after month without an external display has been incredibly frustrating. I submitted logs back in September and never heard a word.
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:25 PM   #26
brossow

Nothing? No help at all? C'mon, DisplayLink. Please?
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote