Originally Posted by VA2SS View Post
Seems to work for me too so far !!!

1- Uninstall 1.7 driver
2- Install OS X 10.8 over 10.7
3- Upgrade to OS X 10.8.2
4- Install 1.8 driver

No login behavior anymore
No corrupted applications
Only background did not saved properly.... but it is not a big deal !!

Thanks to .......... A P P L E
Still working for me since september 20th. Crossing my finger

Installation steps are crucial.
VA2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #12
mcfrantzen

Default Messes up my Mac

I have a MacBook Pro (mid-2012) running 10.8.2. Installed the 1.8 driver and found that many programs would not run, flash games did not run, advertisement on various news websites would not load, Safari downloads button would not show the downloads (had to search for the 1.8 driver manually in the downloads folder). A simple uninstall recovered my machine, but cannot use USB graphics card. Whats wrong?
mcfrantzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #13
Dracnath

Default Is there an open source Mac Driver?

It seems ages since we've had word from anyone on these issues. Does anyone know of an open source Mac driver? Maybe we need to start work on one! We should be able to use the Linux one as a starting point.
Dracnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:41 AM   #14
stevedave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracnath View Post
It seems ages since we've had word from anyone on these issues. Does anyone know of an open source Mac driver? Maybe we need to start work on one! We should be able to use the Linux one as a starting point.
I know its been awhile since we've heard anything from DL. I suggest we all take pictures of the issues we're having them. Then tag DL's facebook page with the issues.

They aren't answering so perhaps we take this to a more public forum.
stevedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #15
Wim

Hi All

It's good that it looks like Apple have addressed some of the issues we have been working on. A summary of our plans for releasing a new driver are summarised here:

http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2007

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #16
andynormancx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
It's good that it looks like Apple have addressed some of the issues we have been working on. A summary of our plans for releasing a new driver are summarised here:
Your plans to fix the problem involve us all not using the products we bought for yet another 3 months, at least.

It really seems like there is little urgency from DL to get this problem fixed. Unless you are just waiting on Apple to fix something, why exactly is there a three month delay between now and when you think the problem will be fixed ?

Is there still development effort involved in fixing the problem or is the three months some sort of extended QA period ?

As a software developer myself I don't understand how you can be sure that you already know how to fix the problem AND you know it is going to take AT LEAST 3 months to fix.
andynormancx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #17
Wim

We are working on a Mac 2.0 software release which uses our latest core code and to write a new interface to the Mac Operating system. This involves writing new Mac virtual graphics drivers, device detection, USB video driver, audio driver and Ethernet driver. And making sure that our latest video encoder works efficiently on a Mac. That's quite a lot of work.

Once we have the new architecture, the core code gives us much more flexibility to workaround bugs found in the Apple OSX, if Apple does not address them.

With V1.8 release and older, it is getting harder to try and address a problem without breaking something else in the code. This is why V1.8 is on "life support" and you're not seeing a lot of updates.

We're trying to address the most critical bugs to make sure you can still use USB 2.0 devices. But rather than sinking more of the engineering team's time into this code stream, we want to get v2.0 out as soon as possible, as it will give the best long term solution.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #18
cmwade77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
We are working on a Mac 2.0 software release which uses our latest core code and to write a new interface to the Mac Operating system. This involves writing new Mac virtual graphics drivers, device detection, USB video driver, audio driver and Ethernet driver. And making sure that our latest video encoder works efficiently on a Mac. That's quite a lot of work.

Once we have the new architecture, the core code gives us much more flexibility to workaround bugs found in the Apple OSX, if Apple does not address them.

With V1.8 release and older, it is getting harder to try and address a problem without breaking something else in the code. This is why V1.8 is on "life support" and you're not seeing a lot of updates.

We're trying to address the most critical bugs to make sure you can still use USB 2.0 devices. But rather than sinking more of the engineering team's time into this code stream, we want to get v2.0 out as soon as possible, as it will give the best long term solution.

Wim
Sounds like all work needs to stop on 2.0 until you can get 1.8.1 out, get it out the door, get everyone back up and running, then resume work on 2.0, leaving one or 2 people to work on problems in 1.8.1 for a week or two and the completely ignore it, focusing solely on 2.0.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #19
andynormancx

That's great, I guess. But in the meantime I and many others are sat staring at useless blank screens for another 3 months or more.

If it really is going to be another 3+ months I'll have to go and find another solution, I can't work without my second external monitor for much longer. It won't unfortunately be a DL based product of course

It isn't as if we are talking about a discontinued product here, the non functioning adapter I own is still on sale to unsuspecting customers who are going to get a shock when it doesn't work with the latest version of OSX. I note that the driver download page makes no mention of the Mountain Lion problems.

Last edited by andynormancx; 10-04-2012 at 12:24 AM.
andynormancx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:50 AM   #20
GodwinC

I think the key is if using Displaylink.. don't ever let the machine goes to screen saver / power save..
GodwinC is offline   Reply With Quote