Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 04-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #11
npinchot

Angry

Video is not smooth enough. The 1.6 beta 4 driver is out and still no hardware acceleration? Sad panda.

Last edited by npinchot; 07-25-2013 at 10:28 PM.
npinchot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #12
Paul N. Edwards

Angry Color calibration problem & workaround

I'm using a Macbook Pro with two brand new Dell U2410s side by side. One is hooked up through the Mac's Displayport, the other to a Mac USB port using a Diamond BVU195 adapter and the Displaylink Mac 1.6 beta driver. The graphics card is set to "better graphics" in the Energy Saver preferences panel.

At first I hooked up the display using the Diamond "straight": DVI cable from the monitor to the Diamond's built-in DVI input, output to USB on the Mac.

This caused the display to turn slightly blue, and it seemed to get bluer and bluer over the 2 hours I used it that way. Eventually whites became almost sky blue -- basically unusable. Plus I could not calibrate the monitor's color. I freaked out and found this forum, so I know why I can't calibrate. (Displaylink, please fix this!!!)

Then I hooked up the Diamond to its included DVI to VGA adapter and used a VGA cable from the monitor. Surprisingly, this seems to have solved the problem. Of course I still can't calibrate the monitor, but at least the color balance is more or less normal.
Paul N. Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #13
Seax

Any news when its gonna be possible to configure a display connected to a displaylink-adapter? Really looking forward to it.
Seax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #14
tye

Default opengl

What is the status on this?
Some (video)applications just don't work with a displaylink adapter plugged in, so it would be great to know if this will change.

Thanks in advanced!
tye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #15
Hophoto

+1 for sure.. on Open GL.... would love that... for sure..
Hophoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #16
Hophoto

Color and Open GL would be IDEAL. for sure.. I would take just OPEN GL if I had to..
Old 03-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #17
Hophoto

Smile Open Gl

PLEASE>.. as soon as you can... Photoshop not a happy camper...
Old 07-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #18
kingsapo

+1 on this. I thought that with the introduction of USB 3.0 products, the lag would mostly go away, but there are still instances where stuff gets choppy, and certain applications don't work, and things like expose affect the other native monitors.

I heard that OS X 10.9 Mavericks is supposed to have some updates to OpenGL, does anyone know if that includes access to hardware acceleration? If so, I imagine it would make it possible for the devs here to update the driver to support it.
kingsapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #19
ehendrix

+1 on this. I use VMWare Fusion and I see a big lag on my screen using DisplayLink, figuring this is due to OpenGL. Hoping that with 2.0 driver out and the changes done with it that after the first bugs are fixed this will become a priority.
ehendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:53 AM   #20
segfaults

+1 as well. Using the 2.0 drivers against the VMWare Fusion 6 on 10.8.5 I encounter serious slowness when interacting with the Fusion window.
segfaults is offline   Reply With Quote