Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-11-2018, 12:01 PM   #261
Wozzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
That's interesting. Can you please elaborate further or provide a source?
Not really, NDA. Thats about all I can say.
Wozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:01 PM   #262
paulgee31

One downside of an Airplay solution is the likes of Netflix won't play on any monitor due to HDCP protection using Safari, so you make have to switch to Chrome.

Last edited by paulgee31; 05-11-2018 at 04:42 PM.
paulgee31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:31 PM   #263
Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgee31 View Post
One downside of an Airplay solution is the likes of Netflix won't play on any monitor due to HDCP protection using Safari, so you make have to switch to Chrome.
That has always been an issue. HDCP never worked with DisplayLink, as far as I remember. Perhaps, some DisplayLink officials can give us some hope?
Old 05-12-2018, 04:39 PM   #264
DLguy

Its really unfortunate I have a $200 USB hub and ethernet jack. If Apple did find a loop hole in the way DL works, there are ways to patch it. The easy way is to just terminate the support,
DLguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #265
mail@redsnow.co.uk

Default How long is this going to go on for

Getting ridiculous.

So far from what I understand there is still now way or work around to have my 'previous' TWO external monitors running of my macbook air.

It used to work so well so far the clone method and airport methods will still not enable my two monitors to work.

I really really can't be arsed to downgrade my mac update but believe me I will NEVER update my OS again.

This is totally ridiculous.
mail@redsnow.co.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:42 PM   #266
vsun

Unhappy 4.3 beta3 - monitor no longer detected

with great hope, I downloaded 4.3 beta 3 on my 2011 MacBook pro yesterday.

Tried to follow the instruction, but no popup window to ask for airPlay security. I managed to manually add the DisplayLinkUserAgent to the Accessibility, still, no airPlay icon, my hp 22cwa is not detected, invisible in System Preferences > Displays...

With 4.1, at least I can do mirroring... there seem to be other 2011 MacBook pro complaints regarding 4.3 beta, wondering if this version has some incompatibility issues?

DisplayLink dev, is there anything I can provide to help you debug this scenario? Or anybody has any suggestion on how to fix/workaround this?

----------------

[update] Problem Resolved!

Turns out my non-detection problem is related to a faulty USB hub plug. All is well now. Good job DisplayLink!

Last edited by vsun; 05-14-2018 at 11:54 PM.
vsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:58 PM   #267
alex-swiftify

Question

Anybody knows how to set the 1366x768 default resolution on the MB168B monitor using the latest drivers?
Using the latest 4.3 Beta 3 on macOS 10.13.4.
When holding down the Option key to see all resolutions the closest I can get (without scaling) is 1024x768.
alex-swiftify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:59 AM   #268
foxfire

Default Proper fix ETA - not workaround?

Hi - I've got my MacBook Pro, using 10.13.4 hooked up to a DisplayLink hub so that I can use my Dell 34" curved WQHD (3440x1440) monitor for the detailed Photoshop and graphics work I do as a freelancer. The workaround is max 1080p and looks very blurry on this monitor and I can't work like this.

Am I holding out for something that's never going to happen if Apple has closed off certain parts of the code that allowed DisplayLink to work properly? I'm not sure what my plan B is going to be, but I can't do this for much longer.

I don't have the time to downgrade my MacOS and ensure all my years of finessing settings, profiles, scripts, tweaks aren't going to get lost in the process (yes I have proper backups, but that doesn't mean much when downgrading).

I'm sure the DisplayLink dev team is on it but is there a remote chance this problem can be fixed?
foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:41 AM   #269
dirkseidel

I have a MacBook Air with two external monitors attached, one of them through DisplayLink. Except for the fact that my resolution is 1920x1200 so that I have two 60 pixel bars at the top and bottom of the screen the workaround worked fine after installing the beta version.

Unfortunately I have to uninstall/reinstall the driver every morning when I arrive at work. I have found no way of getting the separate display configuration to work again after unplugging the monitors when going home, putting the Mac to sleep and using it at home without the monitors. At work I tried just rebooting the machine, unplugging/plugging in the USB, switching between different configurations, nothing seems to work.

The third screen is virtually there and I can configure the positions of my three screens in the Mac screen settings. Also, my windows move to the third screen. Unfortunately the screen is not visible and only shows a clone of either of the other screens.

Hopefully this can be fixed soon as reinstalling/rebooting every morning is REALLY annoying, much worse than the wrong resolution.
dirkseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:03 AM   #270
dizash

Smile Works Great on MacOS Beta 5 - 05/14/18

I can confirm the new method (w/ the new DL Beta —>Useragent.app permission —>AirPlay works great on MacOS Beta 5 released 05/14/18. I'm using it on my mid-2012 MBAir - happy to finally have it back in clamshell mode and not using an Apple TV or SwitchRes App to workaround. This solution provides as close to the same setup/ functionality I had before upgrading.

Thanks to the DL Team for the continued effort!
dizash is offline   Reply With Quote