Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #111
MikeA

Default Suggestion

Put up weekly driver updates. Then you guys can tighten the feedback loop. There seem to be plenty of people willing to test new drivers.

Is the mac driver code open source?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #112
MickM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
MickM I looked at your previous posts but it's not clear to me what kind of flicker you are experiencing. Is window content or full screen flickering? Only with some applications/OS functions or always?
Any specific triggers? What Mac model do you have?

As many other Mountain Lion issues it may be an OS issue, if I were you I'd open a bug on bugreport.apple.com as well so both us and Apple are aware of it.

Regards,
Carlo
Hi Carlo,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. The screen flickering I'm am experiencing is almost entirely restricted to the Mail screen of icloud.com. Go www.icloud.com and you'll be at the screen where you can choose to enter into Mail, Calendar, Contacts etc. If you go into Mail (and only Mail, the rest are OK) then you'll see your 3 column view with all your mailboxes, message list and message contents. Just move your mouse around the screen and you'll go into a fit with all the screen flickering. In case it matters, I'm using a 15" MacBook Pro Retina running 10.8.2. I would appreciate it if anybody else could chime in and confirm this. Also, I just tried the new 2.0 alpha version and the problem is still there :-(.
MickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #113
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickM View Post
Hi Carlo,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. The screen flickering I'm am experiencing is almost entirely restricted to the Mail screen of icloud.com. Go www.icloud.com and you'll be at the screen where you can choose to enter into Mail, Calendar, Contacts etc. If you go into Mail (and only Mail, the rest are OK) then you'll see your 3 column view with all your mailboxes, message list and message contents. Just move your mouse around the screen and you'll go into a fit with all the screen flickering. In case it matters, I'm using a 15" MacBook Pro Retina running 10.8.2. I would appreciate it if anybody else could chime in and confirm this. Also, I just tried the new 2.0 alpha version and the problem is still there :-(.
Hi,

I's unlikely to be an issue specific to our driver (any version), it's probably some hardware acceleration used by the browser that is not correctly supported by the OS software renderer. We'll reproduce and open our own bug on bugreporter.

Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #114
MickM

Thanks Carlo. If you are able to confirm this behavior then I would appreciate you mentioning it in this thread. Your post also gave me another idea - when I get into work (where I have a DisplayLink device connected to my MacBook Pro Retina) I'll try accessing my icloud email from another browser and see if I still get screen flickering.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #115
MickM

Well guess what - it was a Safari issue! I just tried viewing my icloud email from within Firefox and there are no screen flickers at all :-). I was on the verge of dumping Safari anyway because it crashes way too often. Now I'm a happy camper! Sorry also about a couple of my previous exasperated posts where I was kind of dry about the state of the DisplayLink driver.

Tags
login screen, mountain lion