Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-28-2018, 01:33 PM   #451
donluca

Yeah, I'm starting to give my hopes up.

Luckily I've bought my DL device used and only payed like 20€*for it, but my issue now is that I need an alternative for it and can't really find any, as I have a 2011 27" iMac with two Thunderbolt 1/Displayport ports and AFAIK there's not way to get more Thunderbolt or video out ports for additional displays.
donluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:39 PM   #452
russjr08

Unfortunately this seems to be something that Apple really needs to work with DisplayLink on, it's not DL's fault that Apple heavily changed the graphics subsystem and doesn't have a way for DL to work around. For now, I'm just using the Airplay mirroring trick to have it mirror my MBP's internal display, and have the display mostly closed. It means I can't really use the internal screen as a work display, but I generally don't anyways.

Thank you for posting the downgrade image, I'll download it in case I really need to go back.
russjr08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:21 PM   #453
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Update: July 30th
Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

DisplayLink has worked for many months to maintain support for its users during the transition from macOS High Sierra to Mojave. While functionality such as Ethernet and audio or charging, where implemented, is unaffected on all releases, display connectivity has been limited on macOS releases from 10.13.4 through 10.13.6.

Developers/users with access to Apple's fifth developer preview of 10.14 Mojave, released on 30th July, will see full support has now been restored for multiple extended DisplayLink displays where DisplayLink driver v4.3 beta 5 is installed. We are doing wide scale testing of v4.3 beta against this preview and will release a new driver upon general availability of 10.14.

Users of 10.13.4-10.13.6 should also use v4.3 beta 5 as it contains a workaround to enable one extended USB display (720p or 1080p). An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode.

Users on macOS 10.13.3 and earlier should remain for the time being with DisplayLink driver 4.1 to maintain full extended display functionality.

We thank you for your extended patience, we continue to value your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:48 PM   #454
donluca

Oh gosh... to update to the beta or not to update... does anyone know when Mojave will be officially released?
Old 07-30-2018, 11:35 PM   #455
sla3k

omg, how can I download Mojave Beta 5? Is there a way to get it without enrolling in Apple's dev program?
sla3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:46 AM   #456
pacmanbneNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Update: July 30th
Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

DisplayLink has worked for many months to maintain support for its users during the transition from macOS High Sierra to Mojave. While functionality such as Ethernet and audio or charging, where implemented, is unaffected on all releases, display connectivity has been limited on macOS releases from 10.13.4 through 10.13.6.

Developers/users with access to Apple's fifth developer preview of 10.14 Mojave, released on 30th July, will see full support has now been restored for multiple extended DisplayLink displays where DisplayLink driver v4.3 beta 5 is installed. We are doing wide scale testing of v4.3 beta against this preview and will release a new driver upon general availability of 10.14.

Users of 10.13.4-10.13.6 should also use v4.3 beta 5 as it contains a workaround to enable one extended USB display (720p or 1080p). An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode.

Users on macOS 10.13.3 and earlier should remain for the time being with DisplayLink driver 4.1 to maintain full extended display functionality.

We thank you for your extended patience, we continue to value your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
Alban
I have the latest Beta of Mojave and uninstalled the DisplayLink beta6 and reinstalled the beta5 suggested in your comments and I still have the same problems. I have 2 monitors attached via my dell docking station and it only sees 1 monitor along with my laptop monitor instead of 2 dell monitors with a laptop monitor so my 2 dell monitors are mirrored

So unless I am missing something I don't see this a a workable solution

UPDATE: Turns out some Helpdesk monkey in our office changed a couple of docking stations to DELL WD15 which DisplayLink is not supported. When using the original Dell 1000 it functions as stated by DisplayLink Support I have full access again to my displays

Last edited by pacmanbneNL; 07-31-2018 at 09:41 AM.
pacmanbneNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:00 AM   #457
AlbanRampon

Arrow

You may have to change your settings, or make sure you do have indeed the proper Mojave version.
That new OS version been confirmed as fixing the problem by multiple sources already.

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:40 AM   #458
pacmanbneNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
You may have to change your settings, or make sure you do have indeed the proper Mojave version.
That new OS version been confirmed as fixing the problem by multiple sources already.
Yes I do have

10.14 Beta (18A347e)

This is Beta 5

Turns out some idiot changed the docking station on our flex desk to a WD15 which was my problem when using the original dell docking station Dell D1000 I have no issue it works as stated
pacmanbneNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:03 AM   #459
donluca

Well, it turns out that my mid-2011 27" iMac is not supported in Mojave.

Oh, the joys of programmed obsolescence.

Alban, is there any chance there'll be work on a solution for users with High Sierra > 10.13.4 ? Or are we getting left behind?
Old 07-31-2018, 03:39 PM   #460
slvrscoobie

Damn, here i am trying, checking, going - "im up to date on the beta, why doesnt this work??' -
Oh - its the DEVELOPER beta. Not Public beta.
slvrscoobie is offline   Reply With Quote